Chapter six

Strange events occurred at Hogwarts in the days leading up to Draco and Y/n's 'study date'.

News spread like a wildfire about how Katie Bell had been cursed, rumors began to circulate among the student body, some saying that she was under some sort of spell, other's claiming she had gone mental.

Harry of course was convinced Draco Malfoy had to be behind Katie's possession. However, he lacked support from his friends being that he had acquired absolutely no evidence.

Harry hastily made his way through the corridors, stopping when he found who he had been looking for.

"Y/n!" Harry called out.

The girl turned to face an out of breath Harry Potter.

"Hi Harry" the girl greeted.

"Hi...uh...give...me...a...second" The boy panted.

Y/n stood by, patiently waiting for Harry to catch his breath.

"You were with Draco on Saturday, correct?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I noticed he had left; did he look like he was doing something suspicious?"

"What are you implying?"

Harry sighed and his expression grew serious.

"Saturday, Katie Bell was given a cursed necklace; she was planning on gifting it to Professor Dumbledore. The same day you and Draco were at Hogsmeade, and Draco had left... I have reason to believe Draco was behind the incident" Harry explained.

"And your reasons are?"

"Well his father's a deatheater, so maybe he's one as well"

"Harry that's an insane accusation. I know the two of you aren't the best of friends, but you can't go around saying that sort of stuff."

"I know, but-"

"I'm sorry Harry, I have a study meeting that I'm going to be late for" Y/n interrupted.

"Oh, and if you must know, Draco had only left for five minutes to use the restroom" Y/n said before leaving the boy, more confused than before.

Y/n knew that what she had told Harry was a lie, in fact the idea that Draco Malfoy was a deatheater was highly logical. She remembered the paper bag he had brought with him, and his grim descriptions of his father. If Draco Malfoy's father was a deatheater, why wouldn't Draco be? Even though Harry's suspicion was definitely not far off, she needed to investigate for herself, knowing that Harry wouldn't do a very good job at being discreet. Her mind spun with possible ideas, but her thoughts were interrupted by her smiling professor.

"Good Evening Ms. Godwin!" Professor Slughorn boomed.

"Good evening Professor"

"Ms. Godwin, I am here to invite you to become a member of the Slug Club" The beaming Professor announced.

"This club is made up of my most exceptional students, and being that you have obviously inherited your parents' brains, I believe you would be an asset to our club"

"Well that sounds like an offer I cannot pass on"

"Wonderful! We will be meeting this Tuesday"

"I'll be there!" Y/n replied with a smile.

While waiting for her date to arrive, Y/n pulled out her potion's textbook and her class notes. She worked quickly, re-phrasing certain points and separating needed info and fluff.

"I see you've been busy" A voice said causing the girl to look up.

Y/n blushed as her eyes met with Draco's and motioned for him to take a seat.