Chapter nineteen

The next day, Hermione, Harry, Luna, Ginny, and Y/n sat next to Ron's bedside, along with all of the professors.

"Where's my won won! Has he been asking for me?!" Lavender shouted whilst running to Ron's side.

No Lavender, he's been poisoned.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender gasped dramatically at the sight of Hermione.

"I might ask you the same question!" Hermione retorted.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!"

"I happen to be his...friend!"

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks! I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's all interesting" Lavender scoffed.

Meanwhile, the teachers and students stood by, waiting to see how this would play out. Y/n hoped Hermione would attack Lavender but knew that would be quite out of character.

"He's been poisoned you daft dimbo!" Hermione seethed.

"And for the record I've always found him interesting" she added.

At that moment, Ron began to mutter something inaudible.

"See? He senses my presence! Don't worry won won I'm here!" Lavender cried.

Ron continued to quietly babble, until everyone could make out the word 'Hermione'.

Lavender looked at Hermione with a shocked expression and ran out of the room sobbing. 

Though their faces remained indifferent, everyone else was secretly happy. They couldn't take another second of her baby talk.

"Oh, to be young and to feel love's keen sting" Dumbledore tutted.

The adults made their way out of the hospital wing and the four students left shortly after.

Y/n and Hermione exchanged knowing smiles, before the girl left Hermione to comfort Ron.

Draco's first and second task were going smoothly. He knew it was best if Y/n didn't love him or trust him, but he was selfish. He refused to let her go. Maybe, he'd find a way to protect her.

He sat in his room by his desk writing a long overdue letter to his mother. He began by reassuring her that he was doing well, and then spilled his heart out about Y/n.

Dear Mum,

I am doing well, actually, better than I've ever been. I followed your advice, and made up with Y/n. She decided to give me a second chance. You always seem to be right.

My first task is finished, and I suppose in a way, my second task is as well. You were also right about love being the most comforting feeling in the world, but I never knew how much it hurt. I don't want to betray this girl, and seeing her innocent face is tearing me to shreds.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to when I didn't love her, but then I would miss the warm feeling I get because I do love her. I know it's selfish of me to put my feelings first, but I don't think I'd be able to just ignore her at school.

If one day you meet her, you'll love her. She's the most intelligent human being to walk the Earth. Her smile is contagious, and her heart is pure. I love every last quality of hers, except for the fact that she loves me.

If time allows for it, I hope to travel the world with her. We'd give you beautiful grandchildren, if she wants kids, and maybe we'd take you on a trip or two.