Chapter thirty-one

Draco was sat in the library next to his mother, his legs shaking with fear.

"Mum?" He asked finally.

"I want to marry her" Draco whispered, scared of what she might say.

"Okay." Narcissa replied calmly.

"Okay?"

"She's a good girl. Her heart is kind, and I can see how she makes you feel." Narcissa smiled and slipped off her emerald wedding ring, placing it in her son's hands.

Draco hugged his mother and smiled. He was going to marry that girl.

The split moment of joy was interrupted when Lucius stormed into the library.

The wizarding war had begun.

In a matter of seconds, the Battle of Hogwarts was in place.

Adults and children alike worked to build a shield over the school.

Soon, deatheaters stormed into the castle, and deadly fights broke out. Spells were being casted in all directions.

Draco grabbed Blaise and Goyle. The three began to be run through the halls, shielding himself from any spells, hoping to find his wand, but also scanning the halls for Y/n's h/c hair.

He reached the room of requirements where Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been desperately searching for the last horcrux.

"Easy" Draco hushed as he approached the trio with his wand pointed at them.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione shouted and Draco's wand was projected out of his hand, causing him and Blaise to flee.

"Avada Kadavra!" Gregory Goyle shouted back at Hermione, who blocked the curse with ease, sending the diadem Harry held flying.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpty!" Ron yelled as he chased Gregory through the room.

Meanwhile, Harry and Hermione busied themselves with hastily digging through the piles of miscellaneous items for the shiny diadem.

The situation felt helpless, until he touched a sharp object.

"I found it!" Harry exclaimed, as he pulled out the beautiful item.

Their moment was interrupted, when Gregory set the room on fire.

The three friends ran through the room, whilst the fire ate everything in its path.

Piles and piles erupted into golden flames, but Draco refused to give up hope.

He had a girl to propose to.

Draco, Gregory, and Blaise hastily climbed up one of the piles, until Gregory's hand slipped, and he was sent tumbling down into the merciless flames.

The reality of death becoming evident to them.

He braced himself for when he himself would be engulfed into the flames, until a hand pulled him onto a broom.

"I'm doing this as a favor to Y/n." Harry grumbled.

"Do you know where she is?" Draco asked as they landed.

Harry just stared at him with a blank expression, wondering if he should tell him or not.

"Harry, come on!" Hermione yelled, and Harry ran off without another word.

Draco searched the castle tirelessly, but she was no where to be found. He searched through the dead bodies, praying she wasn't one of them, but to his relief, she wasn't.