Chapter twenty

Y/n stayed by Draco's bedside day in and day out, reading him her favorite book, Pride and Prejudice.

She was proud to be teaching him the basics of feminism.

When she wasn't perched up next to Draco reading or gossiping about her day, she was in class thinking about him.

Pansy Parkinson had volunteered to deliver Draco's meals and any notes for lectures he missed. She had tried to seduce him, by sitting at his bedside and stroking his hair, but stopped ever since the day Draco bit her. She wasn't listening when he told her to stop, and at the time he could only move his jaw.

He was proud of the red mark he left on her hand. Just because she was a girl, doesn't mean he should treat her any differently than if she were a boy. He learned this from Y/n.

This particular day, a Saturday, Y/n laid in the hospital bed next to Draco, talking about Harry.

"He's tried to apologize many times, but I insist that he apologize to you before I can forgive him."

"I don't want his pathetic apology" Draco spat.

Y/n only raised her eyebrows and continued telling Draco about Seamus's latest incident in Potions class.

"Drakey! I'm here to feed you lunch!" Pansy screeched as she entered the hospital ward.

Madam Pomfrey had also assigned Pansy with the task of feeding Draco, to prevent him from straining any muscles.

Draco attempted to get his girlfriend to feed him instead, but Pansy refused. Y/n didn't mind at all, in fact she enjoyed seeing Draco's flushed cheeks when Pansy pretended his potatoes where a choo choo train.

Y/n smirked as she watched Pansy spill some gravy on his cheek, then proceed to lick her thumb and wipe his cheek clean.

Draco grimaced at the girl's appalling action and told her to just leave.

"But Drakey-" Pansy whined

"Stop calling me that!" He snapped.

"Baby!" Pansy cried.

"Pansy, I have a girlfriend and she's standing right there! I don't love you. I don't even like you. Go annoy Blaise or something."

Pansy scoffed and left reluctantly, but not before glaring at Y/n.

"Wow. She's...a lot" Y/n murmured while getting a cloth to wipe the saliva off of Draco's cheek.

"Jealous, are you?" Draco smirked.

"Of Pansy?" Y/n laughed.

"Well yeah a bit. She's so lucky to have dated Blaise." The girl teased.

Draco groaned and shut his eyes.

"Don't say it. 'I'm the worst'" Y/n mocked.

"You are though"

"And you're a dork. A terribly annoying and strangely handsome dork."

"Handsome" Draco grinned cheekily while raising his eyebrows.

"I take that back, just terribly annoying." The girl joked.

"But you love me" Draco whispered while still grinning.

"But I love you" Y/n replied softly and leaned down for a kiss.

Days passed and Harry had yet to apologize for Draco's condition.

He was sorry for the harm he caused, but not for confronting him.

Y/n ignored him most of the time, which upset him, but he didn't give in he was too stubborn.