Chapter eleven

One gloomy morning the teenagers were sat waiting for Slytherin's Quidditch practice to start, when it began to rain...well pour.

"Merlin it's pouring" Y/n laughed as she grabbed her stuff.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked.

"Inside? Practice will be cancelled." Y/n looked puzzled as Draco remained seated.

"The field is clear, let's play"

"Draco are you mental, it's freezing"

"Afraid of a little water Godwin?" Draco teased as he kicked a puddle, splashing the girl.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that Draco Lucius Malfoy!" Y/n shouted as she chased the boy onto the Quidditch field.

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about" The boy yelled as he ran,

"This." Y/n giggled as she tackled the boy onto the soggy grass.

"My hair!" The boy groaned.

"What? Is your father going to hear about this?" Y/n said jokingly as she moved the boy's wet hair out of his face.

"Yes. Yes, he will." Draco pouted.

Y/n laughed and rolled over so that she was now lying next to the boy.

"We're going to catch colds" She mumbled.

"Eh whatever" Draco shrugged.

The now drenched teenagers laid side by side in silence, allowing the cold rain to hit their faces.

"Y/n?"

"Yes Draco?"

"What would you do if I kissed you right now?"

"I don't know. Run away? You're kind of gross" the girl teased.

"Take that back"

"Or what?"

"Or this" Draco smiled as he pulled the girl's face close to him and kissed her passionately.

"You're such a dork" Y/n laughed after pulling away from the kiss.

"Yeah, but I'm your dork." Draco smirked.

"Yes, you are my dork" Y/n grinned before pulling him in for another kiss.

The two walked into the castle, leaving each other to change out of their soaking clothes.

Y/n ran straight to her room and shut the door. She looked at her wet hair in the mirror and smiled to herself. Something about Draco's presence always made her feel so safe.

She was very particular about who she let into her heart, and at the moment four people were allowed in, that being Mrs. Godwin, Mr. Godwin, Luna Lovegood, and Draco Malfoy.

Meanwhile in the Slytherin dorms, Draco Malfoy was peeling off his clothes and changing into a new black suit, a smile tugging at his lips. The smile was quick to fade, when he heard a tapping sound at his window.

Draco opened the window to see an owl bearing a black envelope. He opened the envelope and sighed.

Every week, Lucius Malfoy would request a report on how Draco's tasks were going so far. His wife always forced Lucius to ask how Draco was feeling on her behalf, so Draco never minded receiving these letters. Today however was different, something about reporting his 'progress' on the second task felt wrong...very wrong.

Draco sat at his desk and began to summarize his week. With every word he felt as though he was betraying Y/n, which wasn't far off, considering that he was deceiving her in every aspect.

Draco sealed the letter and attached it to the owl's talons.

He watched sadly as the bird flew into the distance.

Shortly after, Y/n met up with Hermione in the library. She had promised to lend her a book she wanted to read.

"Hey Hermione. Hey Harry" Y/n smiled as she handed Hermione her book.

"Hi Y/n" They both replied.

"What are you two up to?" The girl asked as she watched Hermione aggressively put away books.

"We were just discussing our dates for Slughorn's Christmas party" Hermione explained.

"Who are you going with, Y/n?" Harry asked.

"I'm going with Draco"

"Oh" Harry sighed.

"What about you two?"

"Well, I assumed I would be going with Ronald Weasley, but being that he seems to have better plans for that night, I've had to make other arrangements."

"And you Harry?"

"I don't have a date yet."

"I heard Romilda Vane fancies you" Y/n teased.

"She does?" Harry asked in shock.

"Only because she thinks you're the chosen one" Hermione scoffed.

"Well I am the chosen one" Harry bragged, receiving a playful punch from Hermione.

"I'm sure Luna would love to attend with you" Y/n suggested.

"You'll ask her for me?"

"Of course," Y/n smiled, before saying goodbye and searching for Luna. 

Luna agreed to being Harry's date, mostly because she was promised exquisite pudding.

Y/n decided that since she had some time, she would hangout with Draco. She first checked the astronomy tower, then the courtyard, and lastly the great hall. Nowhere to be found.

She sighed and made her way to the Black lake to see if he had gone for a little swim.

To her surprise, there Draco was standing in the rain, with a frown plastered on his face.

"Draco, you should come in. It's quite cold out." Y/n said softly as she held the umbrella over Draco's head and allowing the water droplets to hit her.

"Yeah, you're right." Draco smiled weakly as he followed the girl inside.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just received some bad news from my father" Draco replied looking down at his feet.

"I wish I could take away everything bad in your life." Y/n sighed quietly. Draco looked at the kind girl, and forgot everything that had upset him just moments ago.

"And this is why you're the perfect girlfriend" Draco replied with a tiny smirk.

"Girlfriend?" Y/n questioned raising her eyebrows curiously.

"If... if you'd like to be." Draco said shyly.

"I suppose so." Y/n grinned.

It was out of character for her to jump into a relationship after only three months of hanging out, but she didn't care, she was already falling head over heels for this boy.

"You're the worst" Draco laughed and leaned down to kiss the girl.

"But, you're everything I've ever wanted" he whispered.

Y/n's cheeks turned a bright shade of pink and she stood on her tippy toes to kiss Draco again.

The two stood there in each other's presences just kissing in the rain, as if they were in a cliché romcom.