Chapter twenty-nine

Y/n understood Draco's gesture and waited for a few minutes before slipping out of the room and quietly shutting the door behind her.

She walked through the corridors undetected and made her way to the dungeon. It was unwise of her to not take the opportunity to apparate out of the manor, but she had to save Luna.

Y/n ran down the steps, to find Mr. Olivander, Luna, a goblin, and Dean seated inside the dungeon.

"I'm going to get you guys out of here. Just give me a second to find the key." Y/n said and hastily began to search the room for the key. Draco had previously hinted that the key was kept in a secret stone compartment.

Her heart dropped when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Everyone ran to hide, Y/n finding a spot behind a pillar.

She watched silently as a deatheater stuffed Ron and Harry into the cellar, while Ron tried to break from his grasp. He beckoned the goblin to follow after him and to her dismay shut the door.

Once the ghastly man was out of sight, Y/n ran over to the bars.

"Harry! Ron! I'm going to get us all out of here." She said and began to look for the key again.

"Y/n what are you doing here?"

"It's a long story just please be patient. I know it's here somewhere-"

Her searching was interrupted by the earsplitting screams coming from upstairs.

Screams that undoubtedly were being made by Hermione Granger.

The boys began to grow restless over hearing their friend being tortured.

"We have to do something." Ron pleaded.

"There's no way out of here. We've tried everything! It's enchanted" Mr. Olivander cried.

Harry kneeled and pulled out a shard of glass.

"that's a curious thing to keep in your sock." Luna inquired.

"Help us" Harry whispered into the mirror.

"I found it." Y/n gasped as she reached for the silver key.

Right then, a small house elf apparated behind her.

"Ms. Godwin! Aberforth sent me to come help you and friends escape from this horrid place!" The elf smiled up at Y/n.

"Aberforth?"

"We'll have plenty of time to explain soon, please, the key?"

Y/n nodded and handed Dobby the key.

Dobby ran down the stairs and unlocked the cellar door.

"Thank you, Dobby. Please apparate the prisoners and Y/n out. You can come back for the rest of us after we save Hermione." Harry whispered.

"Harry, I can't leave without saying goodbye to him" Y/n pleaded.

"No. Draco asked me to save you. I need to make sure your safe." Harry retorted.

"Dobby. I will be staying. I need to say goodbye to someone, before I leave." Y/n said ignoring Harry's pleas.

Dobby obeyed her wishes and apparated away.

The three children sat on the steps, watching as Bellatrix questioned the goblin.

"I don't know." The goblin spat.

"You don't know? Why weren't you doing your job? Who got into my vault!" Bellatrix hissed.

"Who stole it? WHO STOLE IT?" Bellatrix demanded.

"When I was last in your vault. The sword was there." He answered promptly.

"Oh perhaps, it just walked out on its own then!"

"There is no place safer than Gringotts."

"LIAR" Bellatrix shouted, slashing the goblin's cheek.

"Consider yourself lucky...goblin" Bellatrix finished before blowing a huff of air in his face.

"The same won't be said for this one."

"Like hell!" Ron exclaimed before running towards Hermione.

"Ron." Y/n whisper yelled and the two ran after the ginger.

"Expelliarmus!" Ron shouted, disarming Bellatrix.

"Stupefy!" Harry said quickly before Lucius could rebuttal.

Y/n ran over to Hermione to examine her wounds.

While Ron and Harry were busy fighting with Draco and his mother, Y/n brushed away Hermione's tears and tried to calm the poor girl down.

"Hermione, Dobby is going to be here soon, it's going to be alright." She said softly, using her sleeve to dab away excess blood.

The girl looked around for something to bandage her cuts, but when she looked back down, Hermione was gone.

"Stop!" Bellatrix shouted, her dagger against Hermione's throat.

Everyone's head snapped in her direction and she smirked.

"Drop your wands." She commanded, and the boys followed suit.

"Pick them up, Draco, now!" She demanded.

Afraid of what she might do if he disobeyed, Draco leaned down to pick up their wands, mouthing a quick "I'm sorry" To Y/n.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. It's Harry Potter." Bellatrix snickered as Hermione gasped for air.

"He's all bright and shiny and new again."

"Just in time for the Dark Lord!"

"Call him!" Bellatrix ordered.

Harry picked up Y/n and pulled her close to him as Lucius stepped forward ready to call the creature who would surely murder her for her attempted escape.

Draco looked into Y/n's pleading eyes, the same eyes that made his heart flutter.

Lucius's actions were put to an abrupt halt when a distant squeaking noise could be heard from above.

In a matter of seconds, the grand chandelier in the center of the ceiling fell to the floor and shattered into a million shiny pieces.

Hermione ran straight into Ron's arms and Draco fell back.

Ron and Harry moved hastily retrieving their wands from Draco, and though he looked like he was putting up a fight, he had basically slipped the wands into their hands.

"Stupid elf! You could've killed me!" Bellatrix shrieked.

"Dobby never meant to kill. Dobby only meant to maim... or seriously injure." The elf defended.

Narcissa began to point her wand at the elf, but Dobby snapped, and her wand flew into his hand in an instant.

"How dare you take a witch's wand? How dare you defy your masters!" Bellatrix seethed.

"Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf. And Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends." Dobby announced proudly.

 Y/n whispered "I love you" loud enough for only her and Draco to hear, before she was gone.

Draco finally had enough courage to say it back, but before Y/n could hear those three words, the five of them had already apparated.