Chapter twenty-eight

Draco cradled the girl in his arms until she fell asleep. He changed her clothes, his hand gently tracing over the words burned into her skin. He grimaced at his Aunt's cruelty. If anything, he was her bitch.

He couldn't sleep at night or wake up in the morning without her on his mind. He physically couldn't breathe when he thought about her being in pain.

This girl was turning him into an emotional wreck, but he didn't care.

Draco tucked her in and planted a sweet kiss on her forehead before leaving.

He found his mother sitting in the library and stormed up to where she was seated.

"Draco you're home! I was-"

"How could you?" Draco yelled.

He had never been this angry at his mother. He could never be, she was the only person he had loved until he met Y/n.

"Draco I'm sorry, I tried to stop it, but-"

"She hates me now. She hates me and now I've lost the one thing I couldn't lose." Draco cut her off. His voice switching between burning anger and sadness.

"Draco, we'll find a way to save her. We'll find a way to get her out of here." Narcissa reassured, pulling her son into a hug.

Draco flinched at the touch of his mother but melted into her arms and began sobbing.

He couldn't remember the last time his mother hugged him, not because she didn't love him, but because he was stubborn and constantly pushing her away.

"She can't die. Please don't let her die." Draco begged.

Though he was much taller than her, Narcissa held her son just like she had when he was a baby.

Draco's father would have taken one look at this scene and called him pathetic, but Narcissa loved her son's ability to be vulnerable. She knew that Y/n had done this to him and swore to Draco that she would help him get her out.

The next day Draco knocked on Y/n's door once again.

Y/n ran quickly to press her body against the door, so that he couldn't open it.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Do we really have to do this again?"

"Yes. Yes, we do. Yesterday was a mistake, and I should never have let you in."

"Y/n I'm sorry."

"I only give out one second chance." Y/n whispered knowing very well that she had probably given Draco at least a million second chances.

"Y/n please. I promise I'll get you out of here. Just give me some time."

Y/n didn't answer. She only leaned on the door and waited to hear his footsteps. Once he left, she collapsed onto the bed and sighed.

Days passed and Draco was plotting a detailed escape plan, one that would look like a tragic accident.

Draco still visited Y/n daily. He tried to talk to her through the door, but he never received any replies. He didn't care though, he continued explaining his plan. Telling her about where everything was located in the house, and dropping a subtle hint that the key to the dungeon where Luna was being kept was inside a secret stone compartment.

He waited patiently for her to talk, she couldn't avoid him for two weeks straight.

"Y/n please? Call me a dork. I don't care. Just say something." Draco begged.

"You're a dork Draco." Y/n said softly.

She was sure her voice couldn't be heard from the other side of the thick door, but a smile grew on Draco's face, suggesting that she was incorrect.

"Draco. Come quick! They've kidnapped Harry." Narcissa whisper yelled, interrupting the beautiful moment.

Draco stood up quickly and twisted the doorknob, leaving the door open ever so slightly open.

Draco entered the room to find Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, and a swollen faced Harry Potter before him.

"Well..." Bellatrix screeched, pulling back the boy's hair so that Draco could get a better glimpse.

"I...I can't be sure." Draco stuttered nervously.

Of course, he knew that the boy was Harry Potter, but as much as he wished to see him dead, he knew Harry was his only hope for a normal life with Y/n.

"Draco, look closely, son. If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, understand?" Lucius demanded as he aggressively grabbed his son.

" Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him. I hope, Mr. Malfoy." Scabior boasted proudly.

"How dare you talk like that to me IN MY OWN HOUSE!" The blonde man seethed.

"Lucius." Narcissa whispered in a warning tone as she pulled her husband away.

"Don't be shy sweetie. Come over!" Bellatrix cackled.

"Now. If this isn't who we think it is Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

"What's wrong with his face?" Draco asked.

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix sneered.

Draco tuned out the rest of the conversation and looked into Harry's desperate eyes.

"Save her for me, Harry." He whispered before his mother gently pulled him away.