CH60: Corpses

Third POV:

Nighttime has came to the Institute of War. Grey, Ahri, Brite, and Solas were in the dining hall, having dinner together. Nidalee isn't with them since Neeko wanted to show her something in her room.

Solas and Brite joined them somewhere around noon, and Grey told them where Tiara was. While Solas was concerned, Brite told him that he should be more concerned for whoever Tiara is fighting. Aki joined them afterward, looking pretty nervous but she just waved off their questions.

Nothing particular happened to the group of friends. That is until the gates of the Institute opened and Kayle walked in, but she was definitely not alone.

Behind Kayle were people that were recognized as Demacians. There was Jarvan, Garen, Lux - who was keeping her head down, looking depressed -, Shyvana, and a few Demacian vanguards.

In front of the Demacian vanguards was a middle-aged woman with sleeked back blond hair that showed signs of turning grey from age. She was wearing an armor similar to the vanguards and was walking in front of them beside Garen. She was also passing glares to Lux every few seconds.

They were apparently escorting someone. Behind Kayle, herself was a small cart that held a man inside it. The cart was being pushed by two Demacian vanguards who were doing their best to follow Kayle.

The man inside the cart looked to be in his early thirties. His face was unshaved, his hair was sleeked back and a little messy, he wore only a pair of dirty pants and boots. On his hands was a pair of gauntlets with large chains attached to them that looked more like cuffs.

The man was bound in a couple of circles made of golden light, most likely Kayle's powers. He was struggling his best to escape while also clutching the circles of light in his hands as if trying to do something.

"Stop that, Sylas," Kayle said, addressing the man. "These bindings are made from my power as an aspect. It's pure light. If you actually do absorb it, it will just burn your arms," she instructed.

"You can't keep this forever!" Sylas cried out, knowing that Kayle's power will get weaker sooner or later. "I escaped prison once, and I can do it again!"

"Oh, by all means," Kayle suddenly said as she turned to face Sylas on his cart. "This place is filled with Runeterra's strongest warriors. Some of whom don't even use magic for you to steal. If you wish to be killed by one of them attempting to escape, be my guest," she said motioning around her.

Sylas looked around him at the champions in the dining hall. Many of them returned his look with glares and challenging looks. He saw creatures that can probably just stomp him to death.

Deciding to play it safe for now, Sylas stopped his struggles and opted to simply wait for his chance to escape.

"Why are we keeping this criminal alive?" the woman beside Garen asked, glaring at Sylas.

"H-He needs a tria-" Lux tried to speak but a glare from the woman silenced her.

Garen stepped in front of his sister, stopping the woman's glare. "The Institute demanded that the leader of the rebellion is brought to them in order to hold their trial here. Since Demacia is part of the Institute, we gave them our word that we would follow their laws," he explained.

The woman was obviously not happy and simply huffed. The people continued walking through the dining hall while pushing Sylas' cart, moving him towards the High Summoners.

"Uhmm... What was that about?" Ahri asked as the people passed through the dining hall.

"Oh... Uhmm," everyone turned their sights to Aki as she started speaking. "T-That was Sylas... The leader of the rebellion in Demacia. From what I know, the Institute wanted to decide his fate on their own rules since Demacia was part of the Institute of War. Kayle went there to make sure he is captured alive."