CH61: Finishing Deals

Third POV:

Back in the Institute of War, Sylas' trail was still going. Sylas had just explained his reason for starting the rebellion to the High Summoners, and they were currently discussing between themselves.

Apparently, Sylas had started his rebellion because of Demacia's unfair way of treating Mages. All Mages were instantly arrested, even normal people who show potential for magic, and were treated as criminals.

Tianna Crownguard tried to justify or deny Sylas' claims, but a single order from Jarvan had her stay quiet for the rest of the trail.

Ahri, Grey, Brite, and Solas listened carefully to the trial, while Aki tried to keep her head down this whole time.

Solas personally sided with Sylas, believing that what Demacia was doing is simply racism. Brite and Ahri also believed that Demacia was plainly being cruel, and Grey simply tried to figure out why Demacia had such a great hatred for Mages.

"We have listened to you, Sylas," the Shuriman summoner said as he and the other summoners finished their discussion. "We would like to make a proposal."

"What kind of proposal?" Sylas asked, not entirely trusting the summoners.

"We would like to offer you a place in the Institute, where you can fight for your rights," the Piltover summoner revealed, shocking Sylas and the Demacians. "You claim that you had no rights in Demacia. Now, you can fight for your rights in the Institute. Along with the rights of the other Mages."

"Objection!" Tianna Crownguard stood up from her seat. "You cannot possibly tell me that you are giving this criminal a chance for freedom!? And his Mages are not 'innocent' themselves!"

"That decision is not yours to make, Tianna Crownguard," the Noxian summoner said before turning his sight to Jarvan. "Prince Jarvan, what is your take on this situation?"

All sights in the room turned to the Demacian prince as he also stood up from his seat, but in a far more calm manner than Tianna.

"I have no objections. If Sylas can prove that he has the right to freedom and innocence in the Institute of War fairly, then I would be insulting Demacia's honor to object on his rightfully won freedom," Tianna seemed shocked at Jarvan's statement. He sent her a glare and she grit her teeth before sitting back down.

"Who will fight with me?" Sylas asked, looking at the High Summoners. "If anything I know about the Institute is to go by, the matches here are done by teams. Who will be on mine."

"There is quite the number of neutral champions to choose from," the Ferljord summoner said. "And any land that is hostile towards Demacia would most likely not mind lending you their champions."

"May I ask something," Tianna Crownguard stood up from her seat again. "We are offering freedom to a dangerous criminal who killed and hunted farms on all boarders of Demacia. What right does he have to be free?"

"What!?" Sylas cried out, glaring at Tianna, but he was ignored.

"Ah, yes, we assure you Tianna Crownguard that we have planned to punish him for-" the Noxian summoner was cut off from finishing his sentence.

"What are you people talking about?!" Sylas yelled, catching everyone's attention this time. "Me and my Mages never touched Demacia's borders except the ones near the Ferljord! And even then we never touched any farms."

The High Summoners began talking between themselves while Tianna glared at Sylas. "Resorting to lies? Just as expected from a criminal like yo-"

"If I may say something," the Ionian Summoner said, turning the attention to himself this time. "Weren't the Ancient Fear and Eternal Nightmare arguing over territory the past few days?" he asked receiving nods from the other High Summoners. "Where exactly is the territory they were arguing about?"