CH49: Feel

Another day dawns at the Institute of War. Ahri came out of her room yawning. She managed to get some sleep tonight, although not much.

She found Silver, again waiting near the door. The Nine-Tailed Vastayan walked to the wolf pup and lifted him up.

"Come on, Silver. I know you're waiting for Grey, but he'll be back. Let's just get you some breakfast," Ahri said and the wolf pup nodded.

Nidalee came out of her room looking a little tired. "Oh, good morning," she greeted.

"Morning, Nidalee," Ahri replied before raising an eyebrow. "Where were you yesterday?"

"I was showing Neeko around," The Huntress replied as she walked to the door. "Being new and all, she needed someone to show her the robes."

The Nine-Tailed Vastayan nodded and they both came out of the room to get some breakfast at the dining hall.

As they walked, they encountered Aki and Tiara. "Morning, Aki, Tiara," Ahri greeted.

"Hi, Ahri," the Shy summoner greeted while Tiara just nodded.

"Do you know where the others are?" Ahri asked as they walked together towards the dining hall.

"Well, Brite and Solas went to the garden to see Storm. Sona has a concert do, so Garen and Lux are there as protection. I don't know if anyone else is here," Aki explained while they entered the dining hall.

"I have my first match in a couple of hours," Tiara said shrugging her shoulders. "About time I got one."

"That should be good," Ahri snickered feeling bad for whoever is going against the Dancer. "I don't think I saw you fight before, so it's a chance to see what you can do."

However, much to their disdain, they ran into someone familiar. "Well, I guess the rumors are true," Maia said as she walked up in front of them.

Nidalee and Ahri glared, Tiara rolled her eyes, and Aki went back slightly not wanting to get involved.

"What do you want now, Bird brain," Tiara asked annoyed.

"I just came to see if Grey really is gone, and it seems it's true," Maia said smirking at Ahri. "So, how does it feel to know that the only guy you had a chance with is now gone?"

"Not as bad as knowing that I'll never find love because I'm a psycho," Ahri retorted gaining a laugh from the others.

Maia didn't care and just smirked. "Speaking of feeling bad, I heard that you had an 'interesting' meeting with a summoner yesterday," she said making Ahri flinch. "Is that what you do when Grey isn't around? Show everyone the scary monster that you are?"

"That's funny, coming from someone who hunts their own kind," the Nine-Tailed Vastayan replied glaring at her.

The Tengu scoffed. "Like I care what happens to the Vastaya. But, at least I am honest to myself and what I like. I don't wait for the guy I love to turn his back so I can show my true colors."

Ahri's glare intensified. "Trust me, no one wants to see your true colors."

"Watch it, fox," Maia raised her clawed gauntlet. "There's no Grey around to save your tail covered ass."

The others glared at her, while Ahri… simply chuckled. The others looked at her confused.

"Now I get it," Ahri smirked at Maia. "You're scared."

The others just kept looking at her confused while Maia laughed. "Ha! Scared of what? You?"

The Nine-Tailed Vastayan shook her head. "No, you're scared of Grey," she said making Maia's smile vanish.