CH45: Pain

Third POV:

It was a new day at the Institute of War. Ahri woke up and stretched while wagging her tails. The Nine-Tailed Vastayan felt quite energized this morning.

Ahri yawned. "The match yesterday was pretty good," she said remembering the match that she had while wearing her Star Guardian outfit.

She noticed that, like usual, the Abyss Watcher was still sleeping, which made her usual fox-like smile appear.

After making sure to take off all her clothes, Ahri straddled Grey and started shaking him. "Grey, wake up, sleepyhead," she said.

The Abyss Watcher groaned and opened his eyes, but when he realized that Ahri was naked, he closed them again.

"Ahri, where are your clothes?" he asked trying to ignore her position.

"On the floor," Ahri replied acting like what she was doing was as normal as saying 'good morning.'

"Can you put them on?" Grey asked still covering his eyes.

Ahri hummed, pretending that she was thinking. "No," she said as she leaned forward bringing their faces together. "Now, why don't we have a bath together?" she teased.

Grey groaned and tried to think of something that would stop Ahri's teasing... For now. "I would, but I'm sure Tiara will notice something, and if you think that being hunted by Maia was scary, then you definitely don't want to be Tiara's next hunt," he said hoping that bringing up his sister would work, and he was right.

Ahri's face turned deadpan as she half-heartedly glared at him. "Fine," she groaned before getting off him.

Grey didn't open his eyes until he heard the bathroom's door open and close. He sat up started massaging his forehead.

"One of these days, she's going to take it too far," The Abyss Watcher sighed before looking at the schedule.

After a few moments, Ahri came out of the bathroom and Grey immediately went inside to avoid any further teasing, which earned a few chuckles from the Vastayan.

After the Abyss Watcher finished his morning routine, he and the fox Vastaya went to the living room. They found Nidalee sitting on the couch petting Silver with a distant look on her face.

"Good morning, Nidalee," Ahri greeted before noticing her state. "Are you okay?"

The huntress broke out of her daze and looked at her two roommates. "Oh, morning, and yes I'm fine," she said with little emotions.

"We're mostly free today," Grey said remembering the schedule. "Ahri has a match, but that's later on tonight."

"Yeah, sure," Nidalee replied barely noticing what he said.

Grey and Ahri looked at each other, concerned for their friend's sake, but they decided not to pressure the Huntress at the risk of making her mood worse.

Nidalee, right now, returned to her thoughts. She was currently thinking about a certain Shape-shifter and wondering how she was doing.

Silver jumped from Nidalee's lab and went to Grey who picked the wolf pup and put it on his shoulder.

They all went out of their room and started heading towards the dining hall. Unknown to them, a pair of yellow, lizard-like eyes were following them, more specifically, Nidalee.

They entered the dining hall without running into anyone, so they went to get their breakfast.

While picking from the various types of food, Ahri noticed something. "Oh, look. They have new desserts," she noted seeing new types of sweets. "And chocolate flavored, too," she added delighted.