CH47: The Fires Of Life

A new day dawns in the Institute of War. Brite, Tiara, and Solas were walking towards the dining hall.

"So, what do you think we should do about Ahri and Grey," Solas asked breaking the silence.

"I say we skin the fox and make a fur coat out of her tails for Grey for when we find him," Tiara suggested almost immediately.

Solas deadpanned at the Dancer while Brite sighed with a hand on his head. Dealing with Tiara was much easier to him with her brother around.

"I mean, what are we going to do to help them?" the Sun's First Born explained.

"Help?" Tiara glared at him. "The only one we need to help is my brother. The Fox can rot in hell for all I care. In fact, I'd throw her there myself if you want," she said bitterly.

"Hi, everyone," Someone greeted and they saw Aki walk towards them.

"Good to see you again, Aki," Brite greeted as the Shy summoner reached them. "How's your business with your family?"

"It went well," the summoner replied before seeing the sour looks of the Dancer and Solas. "W-What's wrong?"

"Your 'friend' messed up, big time," Tiara replied crossing her arms.

It didn't take long for Aki to know who she was talking about, seeing that she doesn't have many friends. "Ahri? What did she do?"

Before the Dancer answered, they heard another voice. "Hi, guys," Said Luxanna Crownguard.

Walking, or floating beside her was Sona. The Maven of the strings had her Etwahl beside her like usual.

"What are you all doing?" Lux asked as she and Sona reached them.

"We were about to go get breakfast," Solas replied before his tone went a little sad. "And talk about a few things."

"Like what?" the light mage asked noticing the change in the tone.

Sona noticed the absence of someone. [Where's Grey?] she signed asking Tiara.

"About my brother, that's what we want to talk about," Tiara replied making the two Demacians look at her. "He's missing."

Both Lux and Sona looked at her confused. "What do you mean 'he's missing'?" Lux asked.

They heard someone groaning behind them and they looked… only for Lux and Sona to jump in shock.

"Ahri, what happened to you!?" the light mage asked shocked.

The others were sharing the same question as Ahri looked terrible. She had dark circles around her red eyes, making it obvious she didn't get any sleep, and her hair looked a little messy.

Sona took out her board and wrote down before showing it to everyone. <You look like shit,> was written on the board making others look at her surprised.

The Fox Vastayan glared at the mute girl. "Wow, Sona, thanks. I couldn't tell this morning while looking at the mirror," she said sarcastically while trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Aki asked worried for her friend's sake. "Did you even get any sleep last night?"

"No," Ahri answered bluntly. She then looked at Tiara. "Did you hear anything from Grey?"

The Dancer glared at her. "Well, look who finally grew a conscious," she scoffed. "Even if I did, why would I tell you?"

The Fox Vastayan glared at her and was about to make some come back if it wasn't for some random summoner to stop her.