CH58: Mourning

Ahri got off her and Grey’s bed in the Institute. They have gotten back last night, and she honestly didn't get any sleep at all after finally finding out the truth about her people and what happened to them.

Grey tried to comfort her, which somewhat worked by showing her she wasn't alone. But, she still couldn't get over the depression she was feeling.

Seeing her lover sleeping, Ahri decided to take a bath, hoping it would wake her up slightly from her sleepless night. After finishing and wearing her signature red Kimono, she went to wake up the Abyss Watcher.

"Grey, wake up, it's morning," Ahri's tone was blank. None of her usual teasing found in her voice.

The Lord of Cinder woke up rather easily compared to usual. Ahri guessed that he was worried about her. "Good morning," he greeted as he got off the bed.

"Good morning," the Nine-Tailed Vastayan half-heartedly responded before getting off the bed. "I'll see if Nidalee is awake. Can you check on the schedule when you come out?" she asked, but didn't wait for a response before getting out.

Grey sighed as he saw his lover leave their room. He had seen many people realize that their entire family or home was destroyed, but this was the first time he actually had to comfort one of them.

Going through a shower before wearing his clothes, he checked the schedule and narrowed his eyes slightly. He really hoped they were free today for Ahri's sake, but that wasn't the case apparently.

Meanwhile, Ahri had just woke up Nidalee and was waiting on the couch in the living room. She saw Silver come to her side after he woke up and jump to the couch.

Ahri had to admit, it was cute seeing the tiny wolf pup hold on to the edge of the couch before pulling himself on to it.

Silver walked to her side and rubbed his head on the side of her leg as a sign of comfort. Ahri gave him a small smile of appreciation before petting his head in gratitude.

"Good morning," Nidalee greeted as she came out of her room.

"Hey," Ahri simply replied with a wave of her hand.

The huntress raised an eyebrow at the way that the Nine-Tailed Vastayan was acting. She saw Grey come out of their room, fully dressed with a second sword on his back.

"Well, me and Nidalee have nothing, but… Ahri has a match in a couple of hours," the Abyss Watcher explained causing his lover to sigh. "You know, I can talk to the summoners or maybe Aki can-"

"No, it's okay," Ahri cut him off as she stood up while lifting Silver. “I’ll be fine, so don’t worry,” she tried to reassure them, but the depressed look on her face was anything but reassuring. “Let’s just get some breakfast.”

Nidalee looked at Grey with a questionable look and he simply shook his head, implying that they shouldn’t speak about this now. she decided to listen and they both followed the nine-tailed Vastaya out of the room.

They headed to the dining hall and encountered Aki, Brite, and Solas along the way. “Good morning,” the summoner greeted.

"Hey," Ahri greeted half-heartedly, gaining confused looks.

"What's with the sword, Grey?" Brite asked, noticing the blood Demon sword beside the Farron Great-sword.

"Apparently, I'm the new blood God of Ionia," that statement gained looks of bewilderment from those around.

"What?" Brite asked, more confused than shocked.

"The Ionian gods made me one of them, the God of blood to be exact," Grey explained further.