CH57: Truth

The sun rises in Ionia. It has been a day since the hunt for the blood Demon began. Those who were waiting are inside the Ionian chambers where Amaterasu was sitting on her throne. The chamber was filled with those who were in it yesterday.

Shen and Zed were meditating, each in one side of the room. Kennen was meditating with the leader of the Kinkou Order, while Syndra was floating beside the leader of the order of Shadows while reading a book.

Karma was discussing some of Ionia's politics with Irelia. The Blade Dancer didn't exactly like politics very much, preferring battle, but she still knew about their importance. Thankfully for her, the Ionian Elder did her best to keep the topic as interesting as possible.

Meanwhile, Ahri and Xayah were watching Wukong and Yi while they played a game of chess. Silver was on the former's lap, being petted by the Nine-Tailed Vastayan. Yi would make movements as soon as Wukong finishes his, while the monkey king would take a while to think about what to do.

Tiara was standing behind Ahri with her arms crossed, leaning on a wall. She was wearing her helmet, and her face was hidden by the shadow of her visor, so no one can tell if she was either paying attention to the game or sleeping.

Amaterasu was still sitting on her throne, tapping her fingers on the armrest. Susano sitting on the ground beside her, suffering from a hangover, along with the man he was drinking with yesterday, Yasou.

"When do you think they'll be back?" Xayah asked her fellow female Vastayan.

Ahri shrugged her shoulders. "It's hard to say," she replied. "If it was Grey alone, then a few days. But, since he took those two guys and Akali with him, I'm not sure."

They went back to seeing the chess match between the master and the student. Wukong had a fist on his chin in a thinking pose, trying to figure out what to do next. From what the female Vastaya understood, he was losing.

"Move your bishop to the edge," Tiara suddenly spoke, causing Ahri and Xayah to jump slightly, believing that she was asleep.

Wukong, desperate for a move, simply followed the Dancer's instructions. Looking over the board, Yi raised an eyebrow under his helmet. "Wukong… I believe that this is checkmate."

"It is!?" the monkey king looked shocked as he looked over the board before realizing that his master was right. A large grin appeared on Wukong's face as he jumped from his sitting position and did a fist bump in the air. "Yes! I finally beat Master in chess!" his excited laughter drew attention from those around.

Yi simply shook his head while chuckling. Of course, he knew that Tiara helped his student, but that didn't stop the proud smile that was evident on his features.

Meanwhile, Xayah and Ahri looked curiously at Tiara. They were confused about why she helped Wukong, and surprised that she managed to give accurate instructions.

However, before they can voice any questions, the doors were swung open. "We have returned victorious!" Rakan sang out dramatically.

"Why did you do it like that?" Akali asked curiously as she entered after the Vastaya.

"What? Have a little showmanship," Rakan replied innocently.

Grey and Kayn came inside after those two. Both assassins went towards their respective masters, who stopped their meditation. Rakan went towards his lover, who greeted him with a kiss.

Ahri wanted to greet Grey the same way that the Vastayan lovers did, but she had to hold it in for now as he approached Amaterasu. "I see your mission was a success. Did you stop the Demon from being summoned or did you kill it?" the sun goddess asked.