CH54: Godhood

It's a brand new day at the Institute of War. Grey, Ahri, Aki, Brite, Ezreal, Lux, Nidalee, Solas, Garen, Katarina, and Tiara were now in the dining hall.

Grey, Brite, Ezreal, Garen, and Solas were sitting on one table, while Ahri, Aki, Lux, Katarina, Nidalee, and Tiara were sitting in another one.

"So, what do you guys have planned today?" Ahri asked. They haven't had anything to do since the bands' creation, which was a day or two ago.

"I don't know," Tiara shrugged her shoulders. "Ever since the band stuff, things have been down. But, I did receive something called fan-mail," she added remembering the letters that were addressed to her.

"Oh, I've been getting that, too," Ahri noted before her tails shivered. "Some of them were… concerning," The Nine-Tailed Vastayan appreciated her fans, she truly did. But, she wished that some of them would know the difference between being a fan of someone, and being obsessed with them.

"I bet it's pretty good being an idol," Nidalee noted, some envy making it to her voice.

Ahri was about to make a remark, probably to gloat, when she noticed that Grey has been keeping himself quiet the whole time and hasn't even touched his breakfast. "Grey, is something wrong?" she asked. She remembered that he also seemed to space out a lot this morning.

The Abyss Watcher broke out of his thoughts and looked at her. "No, it's just…" Grey sighed, deciding to do something he's been planning on doing for a while before looking at The Sun's First Born. "Solas, we need to talk."

Solas, who was finishing up his breakfast, looked back at Grey and noticed his serious look. "What is it?" he asked.

Grey didn't exactly know how to say it, so he decided to just be blunt. "I have them," the confused looks he got around told him to be more specific. "The Souls of Life and Death, I have them with me right now."

Solas immediately glared at the Abyss Watcher. "That's impossible."

"Grey, if this is a joke, it isn't a funny one," Tiara said, apparently also not believing her brother.

"It's the truth," Grey replied as he started explaining. "They just appeared out of nowhere, and I was able to use them. I assure you, I have them," He tried to convince them, but Solas' glare told him that he was still not convinced.

"Wait, back up," Ahri suddenly said raising her hands and looking at Grey in confusion. "Life and Death? I thought you just had that Death soul?" she asked not remembering the Abyss Watcher use something like that.

"I recently acquired the Soul of Life," Grey replied, trying to avoid explaining his fight with Susano. "Solas, I know this seems mad, but I am telling you the truth," he said looking at said man in the eyes.

The Sun's First Born just held a firm gaze against the Abyss Watcher. He knew for a fact that Grey could NOT lie at all. So, he was either telling the truth or has gone mad, and he didn't look like a Hollow yet.

So, accepting that logic, Solas sighed. "Let's say I believe you, how did you get them?" he asked.

Grey looked down in conflict. "I… I don't know. They just showed up out of nowhere."

"What do you mean?" Brite asked looking confused. "Souls don't just pop out of nowhere, Grey."

"That's why I'm asking you, Solas," Grey turned his look back to the Sun's First Born. "What is going on? Why do I have those Souls?"

Solas put a hand on his chin, thinking of an explanation. He did hear legends about some Souls getting reincarnated, but that has never happened to the Souls of the Lords. Not to mention that Grey having two Souls sent that theory out of the window.