CH52: The Blood Moon

Ahri woke up to a new day at the Institute of War. She was considering just rolling over and continuing sleeping but remembering how important the day is, she immediately sat up while stretching her tails.

She looked beside her to wake up her newly acquired lover… only to find the bed empty. "Huh, I guess he woke up before me… or he didn't sleep at all, again," Ahri mused chuckling to herself.

After getting up, she went through her morning routine, while also paying close attention to her looks.

She went to the living room, expecting to see Grey there… only to find Nidalee and Silver. "Morning," the Huntress greeted.

"Morning," Ahri replied but sounded a little confused. "So, where's Grey?" she asked.

"He already left, said something about getting ready," Nidalee replied as she started petting Silver. "He asked me to take care of Silver while you two are out."

"Oh, that's nice of you," Ahri said before raising an eyebrow. "I have to say, you are taking this too well, I expected you to be… feisty."

The Huntress shrugged. "I got to admit, I'm not completely okay with it, but after meeting you and seeing how you get along with Grey, it sort of changed my mind. I honestly wouldn't have liked it otherwise."

The Nine-Tailed Vastayan smiled warmly before turning back to her room. "Well, since Grey is getting ready, I might as well get ready myself," she said as she went to check on the things they bought over their time at the Institute.

While she was looking for what to wear, Nidalee yelled at her from the living room. "By the way, I'll have the summoners strength the soundproof walls while you're out!"

Ahri blushed and just kept looking through her clothes while yelling a reply. "Yeah… that's… a good idea."

With Grey:

The Abyss Watcher was now pacing back and forth in the dining hall in front of a table that had Brite, Ezreal, Lux, Tiara, and Solas.

"So, let me get this straight," Ezreal said with a rather surprised look. "You're over a century old, but you've never been on a date before?"

"Not even once," Grey replied still pacing. He was feeling something he didn't experience much, which was being nervous.

"How?" Ezreal asked knowing that Grey was pretty much one of the most wanted men in the Institute.

"Fighting the Abyss doesn't give you much time for any romance in your life," the Abyss Watcher replied still pacing.

Lux shook her head in bewilderment. "I don't know whether to commend you on your loyalty to your job, or feel worried about how much of a workaholic you were."

The Lord of Cinder just kept pacing back and forth, making Tiara groan. "For the love of Gwyndolin, would you calm down, Grey!" she practically yelled.

"How can I calm down?" Grey asked as he stopped pacing. "I just got into this relationship, and I don't want to screw it up."

"It's just a date, Grey," his sister reminded him.

"When was the last time you were on a date?" the Abyss Watcher asked.

"I've been on tons of dates," Tiara replied.

Her brother stopped pacing. "Let me rephrase what I said when was the last time you were on a date that DIDN'T ends with you slitting the throat of whoever you were on a date with?" Grey asked putting his question in a different way.

Tiara just looked at him for a couple of seconds before replying. "I don't see the difference," she said as if nothing is wrong with it making her brother sigh.