CH48: Believe

(A/N: It seems some of you is mistaken something. Some of you think 'Okame' means 'Tortoise'. Actually, in Japanese, 'Okame' means 'Wolf', and is pronounced 'Okami'. It's like how 'Kitsune' means 'Fox'.)

Third POV:

Ahri has been walking through the halls of the Institute until she reached the dining hall. She started looking around until she found the person she was looking for.

She walked towards a table that had Aki, Brite, Solas, Sona, and Tiara. The Nine-Tailed Vastayan hesitantly brought a chair from another table and sat with them.

The Dancer groaned, "What do you want now, fox?" she asked.

Ahri took a deep breath and prepared herself for what's next. "Look, I know you are angry, and I'm… sorry," she apologized.

Everyone looked at her confused. "Sorry for what?" Tiara asked.

"Everything," Ahri replied shaking her head. "I know I've been acting like a…" she trailed off looking for the word.

"B*tch?" Tiara suggested.

The Nine-Tailed Vastayan nodded. "Yeah, and despite what you think. I really care about Grey."

"I know," Tiara said making the others look at her either deadpan or confused. She rolled her eyes at their looks. "Please, I'm the second-best assassin in history. If I really thought that you didn't care about my brother, I could have had you killed with, literally, no one knowing what happened."

Ahri shivered slightly realizing that Tiara was being serious. Lux noticed something in what she said. "Wait, second-best in history? Why not the best?" the young Crownguard asked.

"Because I'm not egotistical enough to believe that I'm better than Ciaran the Lord's blade," the Dancer replied. She knew full well that Ciaran didn't become one of the Four Knights of Gwyn for nothing. Tiara looked back at Ahri. "So, what do you want? I don't think you just came here to say that."

Ahri sighed and brought up the question that recently haunted her. "I want to know… what does Grey fight for?"

They were all taken back by the question, but they couldn't help but be curious so they all looked at Tiara.

The Dancer just sighed. "Lots of things," she answered. "But, not one of them is selfish. He always, and I mean always, fight for the sake of something or someone else."

Ahri looked at her confused. "Always something else? What about himself?" she asked. She knew that Grey can be selfless, but not to this extent.

Tiara scoffed. "Himself? To Grey, it's always been everyone but himself. In fact, I don't think that I saw Grey fight for himself even once in his life."

All of them, but Brite, Look at her shocked. "That can't be right," Lux said shaking her head. "He's a person, he has to have at least ONE selfish desire."

All of them had to agree. Everyone who is a person had something they wish for themselves in this world.

Ahri knew that more than most people. After all, she used to have the selfish desire to steal memories, and now she has the desire to find a way to live peacefully, which is selfish if you think about it.

"You're right, he does have a selfish desire. Although, it doesn't sound selfish at all." Brite said drawing their attention. "I'll be honest, after I've seen Runeterra, I can safely say that… it's soft, to the point where it's not even funny."

The others who are from Runeterra looked a little insulted. "What do mean?" Aki asked.

"Please," Tiara scoffed crossing her arms. "The thing you people are worried about the most is the Void, and honestly, it's just a cheap knock-off of the Dark Abyss. In fact, you can't even compare them."