In the Kingdom of Midas

We arrived in Florida and saw smoke from thatched cottages, burnt houses and villages. We went to see and it was Orc villages that had just been exterminated.

The fortifications had been blown up and we could still see shell casings....

But.... is 21st century technology!!!!. Not Harkonnen or medieval ball cannons... Fragmentation weapons.

Then we looked better... Wheel tracks with inside traces of horse hoofs.

The cannons were mounted and pulled by horses as in 1914... Strange.

Marc looked at the traces... "Humans have massacred the village but we will not find anything. Except the remains of a huge pyre...

The dead were incinerated...

No traces of dead humans... they must have taken the corpses and offered them a burial place.

We took again our flight after having eaten some pieces of dried meat in our inventory.

Then we set out again.

Blanche (Tiamat): "Turn behind the hill, the biggest, there must be the castle. I came here years ago to meet the Valiant Prince... A very handsome man."

From a distance, we saw the castle but it was in ruins, as if it had imploded...

One part was standing, and the other collapsed and replaced by a wooden structure... probably repairs.

To avoid being spotted, we landed in the nearby jungle and I took the appearance of a magus in the service of Altus. Georges accompanied me, also transformed into a human.

He resembled me like two drops of water and I considered him more like a son than a grandson.

"I know that I will never replace your father, who was a formidable sensei and Kung-fu master. He was very strong and your mom loved him above all else. He kept his dignity to the end and refused the transformation. He said that his cycle had to renew itself naturally. ..."

Georges let go of his tears. He loved his daddy very much... They remained happy until the end. Glaurung was devastated when she woke up and he was gone in his sleep with a smile on his face, just like that, without warning... The doctor explained that he was sick and never showed it. Using his Ki to compensate for his growing weakness.

He had left, happy to have taught Georges everything and that it was up to him now to continue the dojo... but the cataclysm decided otherwise....

On foot, they arrived at the kingdom of Midas, a neighboring and allied country, without really being allied with the kingdom of Altus.

People often traveled by boat, and the swampy land was often crossed by swamps and dark rivers,

The marshes were infested with crocodiles and other mangrove pythons, and their flesh was highly appreciated by the locals.

They ate them more than fish. It had a vague taste of chicken...

Thus, the population was not hungry but cereals were rarer and therefore more expensive.

By questioning the passers-by who were suspicious of foreigners but calmed down when they saw the coat of arms of Altus, we learned that we were in the kingdom of Midas and that the Valiant Prince had become the king.

Valiant I, Valiant first of the name... Midas II having abdicated after his disastrous campaign and the destruction of half of the castle, leading to the death of many nobles.

A problem of knowledge with unstable explosives.

An idiot had to bring a lighted torch too close to a table filled with black powder dust.