Night games

Dany was overexcited and put down a map of the island that Philippe had brought.

"We have the right to go to the island to collect samples and bring them back to Philippe's father.

We have a zodiac and in 5 minutes we can be there.

We will have peace and there are no fishermen in this zone."

Me: "But you are not afraid that this creature will attack you? Or that it runs away?"

Dany "It's a risk to take and if it's a dragon, it's worth communicating, right?"

"I think you'll end up killing your mom... It's too dangerous."

"We thought it would make you happy!"

"No, no, yes, I'm happy to do it but I care about you... I'm so afraid of losing you!"

"We know you're a good person, Sylvia..."

"And you, Jasmine, what do you think?"

"I'm going to stay here and watch the cameras... if something happens to you... To call for help."

"And what are these flour sacks for? Baked goods?"

Rudy: "No, to make casts..."

Dany: "You've just given me some ideas... We're going to buy some pastries and put them down..."

I was already salivating...I signalled to mom that we were going to go to the reserve every 4 of us. We were grown up and Mom knew I was as strong as an adult and trusted me.

"I know you'll be home late, but don't be reckless and if you stay there, it's together, okay?"

I loved camping and I was planning to surprise my friends. After gathering our stuff and 2 tents: one for the girls and one for the boys...

Me, I didn't care.

We took place on the zodiac moored at quay and Philippe started the engine and took the controls. The weather was nice and warm, and the sea gave a real refreshment.

The birds were flying low in the hope of scratching a small unwary fish on the surface. The island was huge and the closer we got, the smaller we felt.

Philippe guided the boat which was not too shaken and Dany caught the ring to attach the zodiac, our only means of returning other than swimming.

The boys looked at the surroundings to check that the zone was safe and without danger. Then, after having spotted a small spring, we decided to install the camp in the planned place, in order not to disturb the local fauna.

A little hour later, we were installed and we could see the coast and the city as if we could be there after only a few fathoms. Moreover, the warm water invited us to swim. I was having fun with my buddies and I was good. I really wanted to preserve this happiness and later offer it to my little Victoria.

I also carried a bag of plaster and it was light as a feather for me and rather heavy for the boys. We crossed paths and bushes, animal trails and we finally arrived at a clear area, full of palm trees and shrubs and big fat plants, sharp agaves and we had to be careful not to get stung or skewered by these cacti.

Philippe spotted the camera and adjusted a few settings.

"Now we have infrared, it consumes more but I have a USB solar plate to recharge during the day."

Then Rudy stopped: "It looks like curdled blood. And they followed the route and a muddy area revealed traces. OUAHHH, look how big it is... Look at the size of the claw and the paw!