The Observer

(August 2, 2020)

"I'm enjoying this!" Xander cheered as he played The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners in VR. Since it was his first time playing a VR game, Steffanie found it fitting to stream about it. They had to move a lot of stuff out of the way to give the Filipino enough room to play as he slashed and stabbed zombies in an abandoned school with an improvised katana.

"Right now, as you can see here..." Steffanie said in her best Bear Grylls impression from the sofa in the corner of the game room. "...the clueless one marvels at the ability to slay virtual zombies in whatever way he sees fit because he has never used a VR set before."

"Chan-Chan-Bara Chanbara. Chan-Bara-Bara Chanbara..." Xander sang softly as the slashing and stabbing continued and a song played in his head.

"You know not everyone will get the reference, right?" Steffanie asked as she continued watching Xander's progress and point of view from the screen.

"I just hope someone does!"

"Anyway, new question from Twitter!" Steffanie announced to the camera on the opposite side of the room, which was recording their antics. "Favorite Assassin's Creed games?"

"Umm...Unity, Syndicate, Black Flag, Rogue, Revelations, and Origins."

And so the stream continued.

_____________

(August 12, 2020)

On screen...

We see McKenzie Mitchell on screen with Axel Trese standing next to her, looking off into the distance while holding the NXT Championship.

"Hello everybody, McKenzie Mitchell here and I am here with the current NXT Champion: Axel Trese. Now, Axel, last week, you most likely witnessed your Takeover XXX opponent and former tag partner Adam Cole be laid out by Pat McAfee at the end of the show. Do you think McAfee's involvement will affect your rematch with Cole?"

Axel huffed and turned slightly to McKenzie. "You know, not only did Pat McAfee attack Adam Cole at the end of the show, immediately after that, he thinks I'm being a coward for going for a rematch with Adam rather than a challenger before making a challenge to me on Twitter. As much as I despise Cole's cheap tricks and big mouth, he's still one of the most talented people I've ever met. Now, if Pat McAfee thinks he's good enough to mock me at his own peril, then why don't we put that to the test? I already talked with Mr. Regal, and next week, there will be a match between Adam Cole and Pat McAfee, one on one, with everyone banned from ringside for the duration of the match. Should Pat McAfee win, I will let him join me and Cole in the NXT Championship match at Takeover, and it will be a Triple Threat match. Thanks, McKenzie."

With that final word, Axel turned away from McKenzie and left the camera's view.

"Pat McAfee as NXT Champion? Can you imagine that, Beth?" Nigel asked.

"To be honest, not really. But, we'll see what happens." The former Glamazon replied.

____________

(August 19, 2020)

As per the suggestion of Axel Trese, the match between Adam Cole and Pat McAfee was underway. So far, it has only been three minutes into the match and the two bitter opponents were trading strikes until McAfee managed to get a good Clothesline in to flatten Cole.

"McAfee doing very well by himself, I will admit." Nigel remarked.

"He definitely has a form of strength advantage against Adam Cole. Those years in football did not go to waste." As Beth talked, the show cut to Axel Trese observing the match from a TV on the wall, clearly intrigued by what he was seeing.

"And there's the NXT Champion, the Strong Style Emperor Axel Trese." Tom said. "Remember, if McAfee wins this match, Trese will have to worry about two opponents at Takeover instead of one."

"But, here's the thing though, Tom: some people are saying this is just a plan by Axel Trese to soften them both up." Beth added as Adam stunned Pat with a Forearm Strike.

"Well, if you're the top champion of the show, Beth, then the target on your back grows everyday and, sometimes, you have to do what you have to do." Nigel replied.

(20 minutes later...)

Both Pat McAfee and Adam Cole were almost completely gassed. Pat had Adam up in the Fireman's Carry, looking for a big move in the middle of the ring, but the UE leader barely managed to wiggle out of the hold and force McAfee to turn around into a Super Kick! Pat stumbled around a bit until he was on a knee, leaving him open for a Last Shot, the second one of the match! Letting out a loud breath, Adam went for the pin.

1...2...3!

"Here is your winner: Adam Cole (BAY BAY)!"

"Adam Cole is victorious!" Tom announced.

"Great effort by Pat McAfee, but in the end, the NXT title match will remain a Team Shock Style rematch."

Adam slowly stood up, raising his arm up in victory as Pat rolled out of the ring. As the cheers for the Panama native continued, his music was interrupted.

The crowd was now up on their feet as Axel Trese slowly walked out of the backstage area to stand on the stage with the NXT Championship over his shoulder.

"And there he is: the NXT Champion, Axel Trese." Tom announced.

"At Takeover, the main event is official: Trese vs Cole Part 2!" Beth added.

The show ended as Adam stared down Axel, who raised the coveted championship with a small smile on his face.