Target Lock

Xander was, strangely for some of the other wrestlers, all smiles as he entered the PC the day after. A shit-eating grin was glued on his face for hours as he did his workout routine, much to the bewilderment of Austin.

"Aren't you a perky piper today." The Panama native spoke as Xander was still grinning while hitting the heavy bag in front of him. "Did you and Steffanie go to town with one another?"

"Of course, we didn't. I took her to Sushi Pop last night." The Filipino explained.

"That's it?" Austin asked, skeptical. "I know that was like your first, first date but come on. You gotta step up your game."

"I know, but she gave me a peck on the lips!"

Austin sighed in defeat. "Well, you gotta start somewhere, I guess."

"Xander!" A familiar voice echoed from behind him. His eyes widened as he turned around to see Steffanie with Cheree.

Austin pressed his lips together in anticipation while his former tag partner walked towards the Welsh woman as they gave each other a quick kiss

"Well, I heard the sushi was nice. I should consider going there." Cheree smirked.

"Of all the things you could utilize to win a lady over. Honestly, man, Britt (Baker) and I would do more than just eat." Austin sighed. Steffanie laughed, letting her hand snake towards Xander's while turning to him.

"So, where are we going next week?" Xander asked the Welsh woman in front of him.

"I was wondering if you'd be fine with just coming over to my house. Just a home date." Steffanie answered.

"I don't mind that. Not much happens in my little apartment anyway."

"Beyond our online chatter?" Austin asked Xander, who nodded.

"Why not move in with Steff?" Cheree suggested, tying her hair for the coming workout.

"After one date?" Xander asked. The Kiwi shrugged.

"If not much happens in your place, why not make it a little more interesting by moving with your new girlfriend?" She added, making Xander and Steffanie turn red. "Besides, in a way, it saves money and space."

"You have room for my stuff, Steff?" The Filipino asked.

"I'll check how much space I have, then we'll manage."

_________

NXT (November 13, 2019)

On screen...

Amidst the Survivor Series hype, a match was currently underway between Bronson Reed and Axel Trese. The big man was sizing up his smaller opponent as he slowly stood up in the corner. Reed charged, but Trese jumped out of the way, causing the "Thicc Boi" to stun himself on the turnbuckle by accident. Bronson turned around to be hit by a Spinning Backfist courtesy of Axel, followed by a Rolling Elbow that backs him to the corner.

"Axel Trese did a good job forcing Bronson Reed to the corner." Mauro announced.

"Makes you wonder how many strikes can Reed take before his skin goes red." Beth added.

Axel fired kick after kick to Bronson's abdomen until the big man was sitting in the corner. Suddenly...

The crowd immediately began to boo as the "Finest" Kona Reeves walked out on stage, garnering him a look from Axel.

"It's Kona Reeves!" Nigel announced. "He has not forgotten the humiliation he suffered by Axel Trese's hands!"

Kona suddenly charged into the ring to attack Axel, but the Filipino ducked underneath his clothesline and immediately nailed him with a Rolling Elbow! Kona immediately staggered out of the ring and quickly grabbed a microphone while glaring at Axel Trese as Bronson Reed looked on.

"You think that fluke victory from last week means something?!" Kona exclaimed. "It meant nothing! You're just a brick in the castle I rule and I will not stop until I crush you!"

Narrowing his eyes, Axel quickly demanded a microphone. When one was finally in his hands, he spoke.

"I warned you last week to stay out of my way, yet here you are, sticking your nose into my business. You want to stand out as the "Finest," Kona? I'll grant your wish. You and me, one on one at War Games. Kick off or main show, I don't care, what matters is that you will truly realize that you're a ruler of nothing, and that you're simply the finest punching bag in all of NXT. You've got a target on your head, Reeves, and I assure you, all I need is one direct shot."

With that, Axel dropped the microphone as the challenge has been laid out.

___________

Backstage, off screen...

"Nice showing, man." Austin clapped Xander in the back after the segment.

"Thanks. Looking forward to yours." The Filipino replied as they went their separate ways. Xander walked around, looking for Steffanie and greeting some fellow talent and employees along the way. He finally saw her talking with Cheree and Demi. The Welsh beauty quickly saw him and the grin on her face widened while her two compatriots also looked.

"Heyo!" Xander waved.

"I guess we'll leave you two to it." Cheree told Steffanie before stepping away with Demi, chuckling and giving each other knowing smirks. When they were out of sight, Xander gave Steffanie a little kiss.

"So, did you check?" He asked.

"I had to motivate myself to use measuring tape. Anyway, Xander, I got room, but I think you'll have to see for yourself." She replied.

"Sure thing. Let's check Saturday. I've got a little segment on Smackdown this week."

"Really? Guess we'll have to cancel date night then."

"Sorry, Steff. I only found out just now."

"It's fine. Just go kick ass."

"Will do, Lady Kane."

Smiling, the two begin to kiss each other again, until they heard someone clear their throat. They broke away to see Keith Lee looking at them, a single eyebrow raised.

"Shit..." Xander cursed softly at the sight of the Limitless One giving them a little smile and a light chuckle.

"Don't let me stop you now, you two. I'm just gonna go watch the next match." Keith clapped both on their backs before walking away, leaving both Xander and Steffanie completely red and embarrassed.