A Game of Love and Snacks

(February 5, 2020)

On screen...

We see Cameron Grimes walking around backstage, looking for someone. He stopped upon seeing someone who caught his eye. Looking a little irate, he spotted Kushida holding his hat as if he was waiting for someone.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" He exclaimed, stomping over to the Japanese cruiserweight and snatching his hat back before putting it on.

"I...was just about to return it to you." Kushida shrugged.

"Oh, you think you're so dang funny, huh?!" Grimes snarled. "Well, you're gonna get it now!"

Right before Cameron could do anything else, someone snatched his hat from behind him. It was Axel Trese.

"There a problem here?" He asked, eyes trained at the Technical Savage.

Cameron looked at him then to Kushida then back to Axel before managing a little chuckle. "Well, not really." He said. "Look, Trese, this ain't your business. Run along and I don't have to get rough with you too."

"You? Get rough with me? Is that a challenge?" Axel asked, voice low as he tossed the hat to the side.

"Hmm..." Cameron thought. "Yeah, it's a challenge!"

"Fine. See you next week. Now, scram." Axel warned Grimes, who quickly left with a huff.

"Thank you." Kushida patted Axel in the back.

"No problem." The Filipino patted his fellow NJPW alumnus on the shoulder before leaving the scene.

_________

(February 7, 2020)

WWE Performance Center...

Xander and Steffanie arrived and did their workout early because of a series of planned LeftRightLeftRight videos to be uploaded within the Valentines' season, complete with some real life, Valentine's-related stakes. When they heard it involved Mario Kart 8, they couldn't say no. While the gaming setup was being assembled, they were sitting down with Johnny and Candice while sipping sodas.

"I know it's kinda early, but you guys got anything planned for Valentine's?" Johnny asked Xander and Steffanie, who just looked at one another, shrugging.

"I see, I see..." Candice nodded her head while clasping her lips together. "You two never thought about it yet?"

"We never really thought about it that much. Most of our little dates have been staying at home, playing video games while there's fresh food or takeout on the table." Xander explained before sipping on some soda.

"No shame in a simple kind of date." Johnny added. "I'm sure you guys will figure something out."

"So...what will be on the line anyway?" Steffanie asked. "For this video, I mean?"

"If we win, Steff, why don't we take away their rights to pudding and noodles for the rest of the month?" Candice smirked devilishly, much to the horror of the two men within earshot of her.

"What?!" Johnny and Xander wailed.

"Sounds good." Steffanie gave her an equally devilish smirk as well.

"C'mon, Steff!" Xander groaned.

"Alright, fine." Johnny said, catching everyone's attention. "But, if Xander and I win...I don't know."

"If we win..." Xander wondered. "They have to do whatever we want them to do the whole Valentine's Day as long as it's reasonable."

"What is this? Brooklyn Nine-Nine?" Johnny asked.