Taken

(April 5, 2020)

It was only a few hours since they returned from Tampa Bay, and Xander noticed that there was indeed a video of himself on the WWEPC YouTube channel. Besides that, there was his little cameo on another video starring fellow Filipinos Lacey Lane (Kayden Carter), Michael Paris (Joaquin Wilde), and Ashley Urbanski (Shotzi Blackheart).

"Still looking at that?" Steffanie asked Xander, who was watching the video while on the couch. He quickly paused the video.

"I'm just surprised there wasn't enough footage of you and I." He shrugged.

"Sure, you were." She grinned. "Now, come on. The other TV's here."

"Really?"

Xander immediately shot out of the sofa, pocketed his phone and gazed in wonder at their new TV, which wasn't as big as the one they had downstairs, but it wasn't for media watching purposes, it was for gaming.

"Will this work?" He asked Steffanie.

"Well, if your friends and coworkers are part-time streamers and gamers, then sure. Now then, let's get this upstairs."

"Will do, love."

__________

(April 8, 2020)

On screen...

Axel Trese was shown backstage, walking through the hallway when someone came up to him. It was William Regal.

"There you are, Axel." The NXT General Manager greeted him.

"Good evening, Mr. Regal." Axel greeted back, shaking his boss's hand.

"Are you planning on making an open challenge in the ring?" Regal asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Well, about that, someone has requested a match with you...through an art piece." Regal said, shifty.

"Who?" Axel asked.

"Dexter Lumis." Regal was a little uncomfortable mentioning the silent Superstar who has been interacting with strange masked men, especially one mentioning something about "rebirth" in recent weeks.

"Well,..." Axel started, a little hesitant. "-I'm not one to turn down a challenge, so I accept."

"Be careful, Axel. Dexter Lumis has never asked for matches until now. I suspect his masked friends might be up to something." Regal warned him.

"I'll be careful, sir. Thanks for the heads up."

With one last handshake, the two men parted ways.

(Later...)

Axel was now in the ring with the silent and creepy Dexter Lumis, having the mysterious Superstar locked in a Side Headlock before releasing and stunning him with a Forearm Smash to the head. Dexter staggered back, leaning against the nearby turnbuckle.

With a quick sprint, Axel landed a Back Elbow Strike on his cornered opponent, immediately following up with an Enzuigiri! Lumis went down and Axel went for the cover.

1...2...KICKOUT!

Immediately after the kickout, Lumis caught Axel and immediately locked in the Katagatame! Axel yelped in shock and pain as he tried to break the hold. Eventually, one of Axel's feet reached the nearest bottom rope, forcing Dexter Lumis to break the hold, though the Filipino remained in a daze after that surprise submission attempt.

Axel slowly got up to his feet, but Dexter immediately grabbed him and applied a Spinebuster and went for the pin!

1...2...KICKOUT!

Dexter sighed and went for another Katagatame, but Axel immediately maneuvered it into Ever A Splinter! Dexter Lumis struggled to break the hold until he tried to lift his opponent up into a Powerbomb position. As he did so, however, the Strong Style Assassin broke the hold prematurely and turned it into an Arm Drag.

Lumis rolled across the ring and turned around to be caught by Axel and taken down with a Leg Hook STO before quickly being locked in Ever A Splinter once again! After a couple of seconds, Lumis tapped out!

DING! DING! DING!

"Here is your winner: Axel Tre-"

The announcer was cut off when the lights suddenly turned off.

"What in the world?" Mauro asked.

"This does not look good." Beth added.

When the lights came back on again, the fans now see the duo of skull masked men from weeks ago beating down Axel!

"It's those guys the security camera saw with Dexter Lumis!" Nigel exclaimed.

Dexter Lumis slowly got up and watched the beatdown occur which ended when one of the men hit a Small Package Driver on Axel! Eventually, the two men slowly took off their skull masks along with the hoods on their graphite jackets, causing everyone to gasp at the sight of their identities.

"Is that...Kushida and Alex Shelley?!" Mauro asked, completely baffled. "What are they doing?!"

Dexter, Kushida, and Alex turned to the camera and the lights went out again. When they did come back on, no one was in the ring.

"What...what just happened?" Mauro asked.

"Those three men...they took Axel Trese!" Beth exclaimed.

The segment ended as the chatter and confusion among the fans in the arena became palpable.