Bro Boot Camp

(December 18, 2019)

On screen...

The crowd gave off a very positive reaction as the "Strong Style Assassin" Axel Trese walked out to the stage, but he was not in a good mood.

"Looks like someone's here on a mission." Mauro announced. "Axel has been demanding a chance to take on Kassius Ohno after his attack on the Strong Style Assassin weeks ago."

"And so far, Kassius Ohno has said nothing." Nigel added as Axel entered the ring with a microphone in his hands. The music stopped and he began to speak.

"Still no response, Kassius?" He growled at the camera. "Still no response? Sounds to me like you're a coward. Clearly, you know just how much trouble you're in for trying something at my expense. One way or another, your head will be on a platter on my table, and if you want to do something about it, why don't we settle it at Worlds Collide, next year? If you're man enough, you will accept, and if you don't? Whole world's gonna see you're just a washed up wannabe with nothing left to give."

A thunderous applause and a loud "BRO" chant echoed throughout Full Sail as Matt Riddle made his way to the stage and down the ramp.

"Look who it is! It's Matt Riddle!" Mauro exclaimed. "The man who saved Axel Trese from Kassius Ohno's attack weeks ago!"

"Wonder what he's got in mind now." Beth said.

After fistbumping a couple of fans, Matt entered the ring with his own microphone.

"First of all, bro, I gotta applaud you for your tenacity and for your skills, but, as someone who has been in the ring with Kassius before, I think you gotta polish up a bit, bro. No offense to you, but I wouldn't try to find and charge him blindly if I were you."

"Do I look like a Kona Reeves?" Axel replied, still in a bad mood. "I've got better methods to deal with someone like Kassius Ohno, and Matt, if try to stand in my way, I will gladly test those methods on you."

Matt raised his hand up, unfazed. "Well, if you feel like getting some steam off, why don't you and I have a match right now?"

The crowd let out loud "Ooh"s.

"That way, I can help you get ready for your future fight with Kassius and you don't have to walk out of the arena like a raging bull. Two birds, one stone. Deal?" Matt extended a hand to Axel. Not too long after, a YES chant broke loose in Full Sail. After a while, Axel brought up his microphone, saying,

"Get a referee out here, because I accept!"

The crowd roared with approval as Axel accepted Riddle's handshake as a referee ran down the ramp. The two changed to their ring gear, throwing their respective shirts and jackets down to the ringside area.

DING! DING! DING!

The two began to circle each other, sizing one another up. Matt and Axel immediately locked up as the Original Bro managed to maneuver to his opponent's rear and attempt a German Suplex. Axel quickly caught him with a Back Elbow, followed by two more, and an Enzuigiri, which Matt ducked under! Seizing his chance, Matt grabbed Axel and hit a Bridging German Suplex!

1...KICKOUT!

Both men immediately got up and Matt tried to lock with Axel again, but the Strong Style Assassin grabbed Matt's right arm and followed up with a  Knee Strike to that arm! He let go of Matt's arm as he clutched it while groaning in pain before jumping up and delivering a Forearm Strike combo followed by a Spinning Backfist and an Enzuigiri! Matt went down as Axel went for the cover.

1...KICKOUT!

(15 minutes later...)

Despite the weariness that has been overtaking them both, Matt had Axel right where he wanted: leaning against the corner. Taking the chance, he ran towards him with a Running Forearm Strike! Matt ran the ropes and rebounded to hit a second one, but Axel caught him with a Yakuza Kick! Matt stumbled to the ropes and leaned against them. Axel shook himself out of a daze and walked towards the Original Bro and dropped him with a Backstabber! Axel dragged him to the middle of the ring and went for the cover!

1...2...KICKOUT!

Axel let some deep breaths in and out and locked in a Fujiwara Armbar, wrenching at his opponent's right arm as much as he possibly could! Matt Riddle was now screaming in pain as he desperately tried to reach the ropes. Half a minute in, Matt managed to maneuver around and slowly stand up with Axel prepped up for a finisher, dropping him with the BroDerek in the middle of the ring! He went for the cover!

1...2...thr-KICKOUT!

Matt was shocked as Axel was still lying down on the ground despite managing to kick out of Riddle's finisher. The Original Bro let out a heavy sigh and tried to lift Axel up with a Deadlift, but he stopped and clutched his right arm in pain.

"There's the side effects of the wear and tear from the match followed by that brutal Fujiwara Armbar from Axel Trese." Mauro said. "Riddle's only one good arm to finish this match with."

"And he's gotta make it count. Axel has been aiming at that arm for much of the match." Nigel added.

Axel slowly began to get up on his feet, but Matt was already right behind him. With his left arm, he grabbed the Strong Style Assassin's wrist and went for a Final Flash, but Axel suddenly sidestepped and floated over towards Matt's right arm and locked in Ever a Splinter! Once again, Riddle yelled in pain as Axel desperately tried to wrench the Original Bro's arm to an ungodly angle, roaring with all his might.

However, Matt was able to get his bare feet flat on the mat once again. He slowly lifted a shocked Axel up, gritting his teeth against the pain in his right arm, and dropped him with a Powerbomb, or at least he tried to as Axel suddenly broke the hold earlier than Matt expected and barely dropped on his feet, in front of his opponent before hitting a Forearm Strike that stunned Riddle.

In a sudden upshift in speed, as the Original Bro went for his own forearm, Axel grabbed the dazed Riddle's arm again and locked in Ever a Splinter for a second time, right in the middle of the ring! Already tired and already too far from the ropes, Matt tapped out!

DING! DING! DING!

"Here is your winner by submission: Axel Trese!"

Even after the announcement, both Axel and Matt just laid there in the ring, exhausted beyond belief.

"What a contest between the Original Bro and the Strong Style Assassin!" Mauro exclaimed. "Truly a close game between them!"

"In the end, Axel managed to get a victory, but he clearly has nothing left in the tank after that bout." Nigel added.

Slowly, both men rose up, still exhausted, Matt was clutching his arm while Axel wobbled around on his legs. Axel offered a hand to Matt, who accepted and shook it with a grin. The crowd popped as the two raise their arms in the air.

_________

"Jesus, man. You and the bro trying to steal the show?" Keith asked Matt and Axel as they were lying down on the locker room floor, still very, very tired.

"Hehe." Matt chuckled. "There's always a way to stand out."

"Whatever the case, that was awesome work. Here, guys." Luis Martinez (Damian Priest) said as he tossed towels at the both of them.

"You should've heard your girl in the back, Xander." Keith grinned. "She was squealing like crazy."

The four men laughed as Austin appeared beyond the doorway.

"Evening, gents. Here to pick up a big, sweaty mess." He said.

Not even looking, Keith, Luis, and Matt (who was still lying on the floor) pointed at Axel, who slowly got up, still wearing nothing but his ring gear while the towel Luis threw at him was slung on his shoulder. He picked up his shirt and hoodie, which were nearby, and followed Austin out of the locker room.