Takeover: Chicago (Part 1)

(October 4, 2020)

In the Allstate Arena, everyone was getting ready for Takeover. Xander was putting some gear on in the locker room with the others.

"So...we don't have to worry about your shitty parents anymore, right?" Austin asked.

"After what they pulled and what my father said about Steff? I'll be damn surprised if I even hear of them again." Xander replied with a huff.

"Whatever the case, Xander, at least you're in your game face." Johnny added.

"What are you talking about, Johnny? I'm always in my game face."

"Not the way I see it when I rechecked the last few tapings. Never knew you could pout like that!"

Xander shook his head and chuckled as the men's locker room erupted into a round of hearty laughter.

Later, on screen...

The crowd booed relentlessly as a focused, determined, and irate Candice LeRae walked out on stage.

"The following contest is set for one-fall! Making her way to the ring, from Riverside, California, weighing in at 112 lbs, Candice LeRae!"

"In case the viewers don't know, on the NXT show before Takeover, we witnessed the sight of Indi Hartwell beaten and displayed in a gruesome fashion on a forklift, seemingly, at the hands of Tegan Nox." Vic explained.

"Whatever Axel Trese told her, he has unleashed a new side in the Girl With the Shiniest Wizard." Beth added. "Either way, Candice LeRae is here to get revenge against Nox for Indi Hartwell."

Candice entered the ring with a cold glare aimed at the booing audience as she paced in the ring while waiting for her opponent.

Some of the lights suddenly began to dim as the screen showed nothing but a crackling fireplace. A few seconds later, the camera closed in on the fire to reveal something being dropped in and burning, it was a circular red and gold patch bearing the Captain Marvel-style star logo normally found on Tegan's gear. As it began to burn to ashes, a new logo appeared on screen in blood red colors...

 As it began to burn to ashes, a new logo appeared on screen in blood red colors

The crowd looked on in awe as Tegan Nox slowly walked out on stage, dragging a long metal pipe on the ground with her while wearing some familiar yet new ring gear as the lights slowly came back on.