A Quick Revelation

Xander managed to find Steffanie, sitting outside the Performance Center alone. From her soft choking sounds, she let the tears fall as she reached the sunny outdoors.

"Steff?" He quietly called, slowly walking towards her.

"Xander...I..." She stammered, still crying with her hands struggling to keep the tears contained. "I'm sorry..."

He sat down beside her, gently letting his hand find hers. Both their hands clasped together and fell on the small table in front of them.

"I should say sorry too." The Filipino sighed, feeling a tear roll down his face out of guilt. "I got too curious about this whole thing and I feel like I hurt you by digging too deep into it."

"When you got the message...I...I wanted to tell you." Steffanie admitted as she looked at Xander's concerned eyes. "I called Cheree and she said I had to tell you someday. I wanted to tell you the day after you got the message, but I didn't, then the day after that...and...you know..."

Xander nodded. "Must've been...too tough to remember."

"Yeah..." Steffanie sighed.

"So, um...you want to tell me about it? Or do you want to talk about it another time?" Xander asked her.

"No..." The Welsh took in a deep breath. "Better now while I can still recall."

"Sure, Steff. Tell at your own pace, okay?"

Nodding, Steffanie began to speak as Xander held her hands with his while their arms rested on the table, her glasses sitting nearby.

"So...Courtney and I started dating during my time in WCPW." She began. "Before that, I had a boyfriend whom I broke up with, but we're on good terms. Anyway, the first week with her was amazing. We went, well...kind of far."

"And...the weeks after that?" Xander asked softly.

"The weeks after that, something felt off. We started going out with her friends more and more. Every single time, Courtney would go with a friend and disappear for at least five minutes then return from the restroom. Beyond that, I barely had any time to take a break after working matches and segments in WCPW. Around the fifth week we were together, during another outing with her friends, I really needed to use the restroom, then I caught her...with a so-called friend of hers...and...you know. They...were in the women's restroom, being...really frisky..."

"But...why would she do that?"

"When I confronted Courtney outside about it, she said she was pissed that I still passed glances at guys, and that was just one reason. She even added that she knew AT LEAST ten girls who were better in bed than I was. I got really upset and demanded that she leave. She did, but without a care. She and her friends left, and I was all alone, outside that restaurant as it started raining."

Steffanie's grip on Xander's hands tightened as she felt new tears roll down her cheeks.

"I told Cheree, Stephanie (Mia Yim), Shayna, and Jessamyn about it when I got home, all soaked." She added. "Believe me when I say that they were pissed about it. Days after that, we simmered down, and we never heard from Courtney again."

"Until the message, right?"

"Yeah...It's been so long since I even heard from her that I wasn't expecting it."

Xander took a deep breath while taking in her entire story, feeling the genuine sorrow in her words.

"So you really do swing both ways." He spoke.

"Upset I never told you about that?" Steffanie asked, leaning closer to him.

"Maybe a little, but I get why you never told me about Courtney, and it was clearly not my place to go snooping around."

"I know." The Welsh woman managed a smile for the first time in a while. "Anyway, now that it's official that you know that I'm a perfectly sane bisexual woman, does that change how you feel about me?"

"I ain't petty enough to let that cloud me, Steff." Xander assured her. "You're a great person to be with, regardless, and that alone is what made me fall for you."

Steffanie felt a wide grin form on her face. "I love you, Xander."

"I love you too, Steff."

With that, the two press their lips against each other. Xander instinctively let a hand reach for Steffanie's face and rubbed it while the Welsh's own hand found his chest. After almost a full minute of kissing, they broke away.

"Though, next time you play detective and go snooping around social media, at least give me a heads up, will you?" Steffanie pointed out as she put her glasses back on.

"What if it's just for looking for video games?" He shrugged.

The Welsh wrestler playfully punched Xander's shoulder and chuckled before resting her head against his shoulder, wrapping her arms around him as his hands once again found hers. Seconds later, the quick tapping of footsteps can be heard, and they were only getting louder every second.

"Are you two good now?" They turned around to see Jessamyn Duke looming over them, letting out some exasperated breaths from running like crazy.

"Does it look like we're not?" Steffanie asked her.

Jessamyn shrugged. "Well, at least I don't have to give Xander a chop, unlike Kyle."

"Wait, what?" Xander asked.

"Oh yeah. Shayna and the others are currently chopping Kyle in the chest for spilling everything."

Imagining being chopped in the chest by an entire locker room of wrestlers, the Filipino instinctively put a hand on his chest. All he could mutter as Steffanie chuckled was,

"Ouch."

And for the rest of the week, Kyle O'Reilly's chest was just...red.