Unfavorable Confrontation

(August 27, 2020)

WWE PC...

"One more set." Xander muttered to himself as he laid down on the bench and began to lift the barbell on top of him. He was sweaty beyond belief and the thermos he brought with him was almost out of water.

"Are Cheree and Victoria not here yet?" Austin asked as he entered the workout area with Kyle and Masami.

"Haven't seen them yet." Candice replied from the bench she was sitting on.

"How are they this late? Jess, I thought you drove with them?" Steffanie asked.

"Well, they told me they were picking stuff up at the cafe first before coming here." Jessamyn replied. "They haven't even sent me a message on where they are."

Everyone in the Performance Center softly hummed while thinking about where the two women were, only for said two women to casually stroll in with grumbling looks of disdain on their faces.

"Guys, you look upset. What happened?" Austin asked.

"Hecklers. Two of them." Cheree scoffed as she and Victoria set their bags down with everyone else's.

"Seriously?" Johnny sighed, wiping the sweat off his face with a towel.

"I have a video if you want to see it." Victoria told them as she pulled out her phone while everyone dropped what they were doing to take a look. As they crowded around the Latina, she played the video on her phone.

The footage was shaky at best, but amidst the sporadic heckling, everyone watching managed to get a glimpse on what the two hecklers looked like. They sported tan skin covered with an occasional wrinkle or two and unkempt black hair and clothes.

"They actually blocked you guys on the way here?" Steffanie asked, making Cheree and Victoria nod as the latter spoke up,

"I was a hair away from getting my hands on them, but they left before I can get the chance."

"What are they saying?" Johnny asked.

"That's Filipino! They're speaking Filipino!" Xander piped up, prompting everyone to turn to him as Victoria paused the video.

"Can you translate for us?" Cheree asked.

"Definitely. Play the video again."

With a small shrug, the tall Latina tapped her phone again to resume the video as Xander listened attentively and looked closely at the culprits. Steffanie turned to him only to notice his eyes widening and jaw dropping ever so slowly until he could only say,

"Ah, fuck."

"Xander...what did they say?" The Welsh asked.

"...Not only are they calling Cheree and Victoria animals, but those hecklers are also my fucking parents!"

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed as they turned to Xander while Victoria paused the video. The Filipino was now walking away from the group to sit on a nearby bench and bury his head in his palms, repeating "No no no no..."

"Aren't they supposed to be in prison for gambling or something?" Johnny asked.

"A lot can change in thirteen years." Masami pointed out.

"Kinda makes you wonder who would bail them out." Candice added.

Steffanie leaned down to give Xander a comforting hug as he began to mutter to himself in desperation. The others were now pacing around the room, unsure of what to make of their discovery.

_________

(September 2, 2020...)

(On screen...)