Christmas Battle Lines

(December 23, 2019)

"At least we got everything." Xander remarked as he drove through Tampa with Steffanie. The two had just recently gone to the grocery store to pick up supplies for their family meal the day after the coming NXT show.

"I know." Steffanie said, sitting in the co-driver's seat and peering through the window as Skillet blasted through the speakers.

"You okay, Steff?" He asked as they stopped at a red light.

"I'm fine." She looked back at him with a smile. "I'm just...a little jumpy."

"Kinda sounds like you haven't seen your family in a long while." Xander said.

"True, but they've got busy lives as well so, can't blame them." Steffanie replied. "Besides, though we don't get together in person all the time, it makes gatherings like this very memorable."

"That is true. This is the first time in years that I'm spending Christmas with Tito Andy and Tita Leonora."

The green light flashed and, once again, their car began to accelerate once again.

"By the way...how was Rise of Skywalker for you?" Xander asked.

"We just watched it last week. Why are we talking about this?" Steffanie asked back.

"Well, people have been shitting on it so I was wondering about your stance on it."

The Welsh wrestler took a deep breath before beginning to speak. "Well, I can see why they do shit on it, but for me? It was good thrill ride from start to finish."

"Well, you did barely kept your squeal in check when Lando popped up on screen."

"C'mon, Xander. It's Billy Dee."

"That is true." Xander shrugged, hands on the wheel.

___________

(December 25, 2019)

On screen...

A match was currently underway, this time, it was Axel Trese against Bronson Reed.

"Last time this match happened, it was interrupted by Kona Reeves." Mauro announced as the battle continued.

"Well, hopefully, these two men will have a match that won't end with someone's interruption." Nigel added.

"Don't jinx it, Nige- Woah!" Beth exclaimed as Reed surprised Axel with a Suicide Dive! The crowd roared with approval, as did Bronson with a tank of energy before he threw Axel back into the ring and climbed the nearest turnbuckle, possibly looking for a Diving Splash, but he saw Axel rolling away from him as quickly as possible.

Shaking his head, Bronson got off the turnbuckle and loomed over Axel right as he got up. The Auszilla proceeded to club his opponent's back with repeated forearms, but Axel stood his ground, not even wobbling. Right as Reed went for a Double Axe Handle, the Strong Style Assassin rolled across the ring and ran the ropes, hitting his opponent with a Dropkick right as he turned around!

Bronson staggered toward the ropes right as Axel got up and charged him, hitting a Running Forearm Strike to the head followed by a Rope Hung Enzuigiri, which doesn't knock Reed down. In response, the Auszilla simply shoved Axel and sent him staggering back to the middle of the ring.

"Woah, look at Reed's power." Nigel remarked.

"This match has been going back and forth between them, so it's still anyone's game." Mauro added.

Both men took the time to catch their breath and getting up on their feet. They stared each other down, ready to settle this. They charged. Reed went for a Clothesline, which Axel ducked under. Axel quickly followed up with a Forearm Strike combo to the Australian's face followed by a Back Elbow and an Overhead Kick, which staggered Reed to a knee. Seeing his opportunity, Axel ran the ropes, looking for the Critical Hit, but Reed flipped the switch with a Clothesline that took him down!