Prison Visit and The Contract

(September 26, 2020)

With not much to do beyond working out, playing video games for ShinyStyleTV, and waiting for the next taping, Xander took the opportunity to go with his uncle and aunt to the Orange County Corrections Department to visit his parents.

Steffanie was hesitant to let him go to a prison just to get answers from what had happened, but she relented and agreed to stay at their new house (which they bought and moved into earlier in the month) to watch over Blue and their new dog, Marvel.

After a litany of security checks, Xander, Tito Andy, and Tita Leonora found the wrestler's estranged father sitting on the other side of the visitation center. With a clear scowl, Xander pulled the chair and sat down on it and took the phone as his father did the same thing.

"What happened?" He asked, growling lightly.

"Pa-English ka pa, ha?" His father sneered back. "Sa amin naman yung Corvette na iyon." ("Speaking in English, ha? That Corvette was ours.")

"Anong 'sa amin?' Ninakaw niyo yung Corvette, maraming nakakita, nahuli kayo at pabalik kayo ng Pilipinas pagkatapos nito. Simple lang." ("What 'ours?' You stole that Corvette, got caught, arrested, and will be sent back to the Philippines after this. It's simple.")

"Gusto namin bilhin ang kotseng iyon pero wala kaming pera dahil sayo! Kung binigyan mo lang kami, hindi dapat ito nangyari." ("We wanted to buy that car but we have no money because of you! If you just gave us, this didn't have to happen.")

"Bakit hindi na lang kayo magtrabaho, parang normal na tao?" ("Why can't you just work like a normal person?") Xander asked, feeling himself getting furious in the process.

"Kami? Magtrabaho? Ikaw dapat yun. May trabaho ka, tapos senior citizen na kami." ("Us? Work? That should be you. You have a job, we're already senior citizens.")

"Oy, mga fifty-seven at fifty-five pa lang kayo." ("Hey, you're still fifty-seven and fifty-five.") Xander took a deep breath in before continuing to talk.

"Alam mo, Pa? Noong umalis ako ng Pilipinas, akala ko magbabago kayo, akala ko magiging totoong magulang kayo sa akin. May panahon na yun lang naiisip ko. Tapos, nakita ko kayo ulit, at ano ginawa niyo? Ginuluhan niyo ang mga katrabaho ko, humingi pa kayo ng pera sa akin imbis na maghanap ng trabaho, at sinubukan niyo pang magnakaw ng kotse." ("You know, Pa? When I left the Philippines, I thought you two will change, I thought you would become true parents to me. There was a time where that was all I thought. Then, I see you two again, and what did you do? Harass my coworkers, demand money from me rather than work for it, and you tried to steal a car.")

Xander's father's retort was immediately halted when he continued to talk, this time, in English.

"Well, I have a family I'm proud to call my own now. I have my tito and tita, coworkers I can call friends and family, and most importantly, my girlfriend. So-"

"Yung girlfriend mong hayop?" ("Your animal girlfriend?") (AN: Sorry if this offends you in any way)

Xander couldn't get a word out after hearing such an insult towards Steffanie. If the law allowed it, he would've broken the glass between them and paid his father back in force. He kept silent as his father kept talking,

"Yung girlfriend mong walang pake kung lumigaw ng lalaki o babae? Mas mabuti kang magpakasal sa aso." ("Your girlfriend who doesn't care if she's flirting with a boy or girl? You're better off marrying a dog.")

Xander couldn't get any words out while his uncle and aunt stood behind him, clearly worried at what he may do next. Instead, Xander scoffed and shook his head.