Of Knee Strikes and Home Visits

Smackdown (Nov. 15, 2019)

Backstage...On screen...

We see Daniel Bryan having an uneasy conversation with Sami Zayn and the Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.

"Look, Daniel,-" Sami started. "-with everything that's happened, it's clear that you need help. You need us, okay? Shinsuke wants you with us, Cesaro wants you with us, I want you with us, Daniel. So, once again, million dollar question: Are you with us?"

"If you are with me..." Daniel started as the champ and his manager shook a little with anticipation. "-then why didn't you help me when the Fiend had his hand down by throat?"

After much silence, Sami spoke up. "Well, I thought you were running with me, but I assure you, I..."

"Listen, Sami. If you need someone to go help out your little team, I'd suggest you pick someone like, say, Braun Strowman."

Sami narrowed his eyes, huffing with annoyance. "Braun Strowman? Really?"

"Yes. Braun Strowman. He's your guy. Not me."

Daniel walked away as the former Underdog of NXT quickly ranted.

"Are you kidding?! We are artists! Poets! Intellectuals! He's jus-"

Sami didn't finish his sentence because a man in a black hoodie blasted him from behind. Shinsuke hit the attacker with a quick push kick. Legs slightly bent, the attacker put his hood down, making Shinsuke's eyes widen open as the camera zoomed on the attacker's true face.

"It's Axel Trese!" Michael Cole announced. "The Strong Style Assassin is backstage!"

"He just assaulted Sami and is now challenging his own mentor!" Corey Graves spat.

Still a bit distracted, Shinsuke charged, looking to land the Kinshasa on his former student, but Axel suddenly crouched underneath and, in a cruel twist, gave the King of Strong Style a Low Blow! Shinsuke groaned in pain as Axel lifted him up on his shoulders before quickly dropping him with the GTS! He looked down at the fallen Sami and Shinsuke, whispering,

"NXT's here to rule."

He started walking away from the scene, putting his hood back on and disappearing into the depths of the hall.

"Axel Trese just attacked Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura." Cole said. "Something tells me this won't be the last we'll see of NXT tonight on Smackdown."

Little did Cole know just how right he was.

___________

(November 16, 2020)

Off screen...

Xander hummed a little song while tapping his steering wheel as he drove to Steffanie's house.

(0:00 - 0:25)

Sporting a Batman shirt with a plain gray sleeveless hoodie over it, along with ripped jeans and red sneakers, he casually parked his car in front of her house. Stopping his car, Xander stepped out of the car and walked towards the door to ring the doorbell. Right on cue, a dog's light barking is heard. The barking ceased a little as the door swung open to reveal Steffanie wearing her glasses and British Strong Style shirt with jean shorts. In her arms was the source of the barking: a little Pibble mix.

"So this is your welcoming committee." Xander smirked. "Is everyone in this house cute?"

"Of course, we are. Meet Blue." Steffanie brought the little canine closer to the Filipino.

"Hey, buddy." Xander delightfully ruffled Blue's furry head before he and Steffanie stepped inside. The door swung close. Xander looked around the house he was standing in. While it was just the ground floor, it was still pretty roomy in his eyes, with the living room and the combined kitchen and dining room dominating the place while the smallest room there was the powder bathroom.

As they walked into the living room, Xander noticed an ongoing session for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag currently paused with the map on full display.

"Okay, onto business." Steffanie said as she put Blue down to let him walk around the house before turning to Xander. "How much stuff do you plan on moving out of your apartment?"

"Hmm...clothes, wrestling gear, a box of Korean instant noodles, utensils, bowls, plates, a pot, a PS4, a Switch, a mattress, and some other boxes of necessities." He explained.

"So...a lot? I could leave them around here in the living room then move around stuff to make room for them. By the way, why do you have a box of Korean instant noodles?"

"I recently got into spicy foods so...yeah."

"Okay then..."

Xander shrugged as he followed Steffanie to the couch before she resumed her playthrough on AC4.

"Figures you'd be playing the one Assassin's Creed game where the protagonist was born in Wales." He remarked, crossing his legs and spreading his arms on the couch until one was over Steffanie's shoulders. The Welsh chuckled.

"Gotta represent." She told him.

"Of course." Xander laid his head on Steffanie's shoulder before her own head found his. "Ain't this nice?" He added.

"Get your boxes here and we'll see."

The two just look at one another and give each other a quick kiss.

"You want to take over from here? I'll get a quick bite." Steffanie handed her PS4 controller to the Filipino.

"Sure thing."

She handed him the controller before getting up to find something to eat. Xander gleefully had Kenway jump of the roof and onto patrolling soldiers, starting a fight in the streets.

"Of course, you just did that." Steffanie sighed from the dining area, a small bag of marshmallows in her hands.

"By the way, how far are you in the story?" Xander asked aloud.

"Can't recall. I think I just recently did the diving for medicines thing." The Welsh replied, marshmallow in hand.

"I hated that part. " Xander mumbled as the battle continued until all of the attacking soldiers were slain.

"So, how are you going to move your stuff all the way here?" Steffanie asked him before taking a bite on a marshmallow.

"It may take a few trips..."