Standing in and Paying Back the Way

(September 9, 2020)

Off screen...

After the incident with Xander's estranged parents, Hunter did not hesitate to contact the police regarding their harassment of his employees. Xander had to spend some time clearing up what had happened, even agreeing to a lie detector test to prove his side of the story. Steffanie, Austin, Luis, and Ashley also took the same test to confirm what they witnessed before they intervened.

With the story confirmed by officials, they were now on the lookout for Xander's parents should they ever attempt something like that again.

(On screen...)

Currently ongoing for ten minutes was a tag team match between REBIRTH's Kushida and Alex Shelley and the Grizzled Young Veterans James Drake and Zack Gibson. Shelley and Gibson were the legal men. Outside the ring, Kushida was brawling with James Drake before catching the GYV member off guard with a Basement Dropkick that sent him face-first onto the barricade.

"So far, REBIRTH has been on a roll ever since their inception and Kushida and Shelley are showing domination against the same tag team that defeated them at the Tag Team Classic." Tom noted.

Alex caught Zack's right foot when he went for a kick during their trading of hits. The Detroit native then spun his opponent around into a Spinning Headlock Elbow Drop in the center of the ring! Rather than go for the pin, Shelley immediately locked Gibson into a Chickenwing Over the Shoulder Crossface!

"Shelley with the Border City Stretch, center of the ring!" Beth exclaimed.

"Gibson's on his own!" Nigel added.

With no one around to help him, Zack tapped out five seconds after the hold was locked in.

DING! DING! DING!

"Here are your winners: the team of Alex Shelley and Kushida: REBIRTH!"

"It's official! REBIRTH will face Breezango for the NXT Tag Team Championships at Takeover Chicago!" Tom announced.

The referee raised Kushida and Alex's arms up in victory as a pair of spotlights suddenly turned to the stage.

The crowd cheered as the NXT Tag Team Champions, Tyler Breeze and Fandango, strutted down the ramp with as much grace and flair as expected. They entered the ring as their music stopped. The segment ended with a couple of handshakes between the challengers and the champions.

(Later, on screen...)

The Titantron showed the NXT Champion Axel Trese with Kushida and Alex Shelley, walking through the halls backstage.

"Where is Dexter anyway?" Alex asked.

"I don't know and I don't really care as long as he's fine and contributing to the group in his own...peculiar way." Axel replied with a pat on the shoulder. "Now, you'll be facing Breezango for the tag titles at Takeover, correct?"

"Yeah. No need to worry too much about us, Axel. Just focus on putting Gargano in his place."

"Anyway, I've got an open challenge to make later tonight. Rest up, guys. You've earned it."

With that, Kushida and Alex nod at the REBIRTH leader and leave. As he walked further down the halls, Axel heard a loud clang nearby. He started walking faster to the source of the sound only to stop as the camera panned to the source of the noise. He saw Tegan Nox buried underneath a pile of metal pipes, lying down on the ground on her stomach while groaning in pain.