A Little Family Visit

(November 28, 2019)

"Worlds Collide?" Xander asked Austin as they sat in catering with Steffanie, Johnny, Candice, and Cheree.

"I've been hearing that, next year, it will be a crossover of NXT and NXT UK, around Royal Rumble season." The Panama native answered.

"Sounds great!" Johnny remarked before digging into his pudding cup. Beside him, Candice shook her head at how much pudding her husband shoved into his mouth.

"Is this what you have to put up with everyday?" Cheree snickered.

"Pretty much." Candice sighed.

"At least it's just pudding for you. I have to put up with the spice demon over here and his instant noodle collection." Steffanie added before sipping on her water.

"If it makes you feel better, I've eaten spicier stuff and really felt it." Xander defended. "Legitimate spicy ramen from Tokyo is no laughing matter."

"Didn't you send me a video of yourself trying that?" Austin asked the Filipino.

"Did I?" Xander wondered, hand under his chin before his eyes widened. "Oh yeah, I did."

"I wanna see!" Johnny raised his hand.

It didn't take long for the NXT Champion to whip out his phone and start swiping and tapping in search of the video as the others began to crowd around him. A minute later, Austin found the video and immediately began playing it. It showed young Xander, wearing what appears to be a Gokaiger shirt, sitting in a restaurant.

"Alright, so...I'm gonna try and eat one of the spiciest ramen here in Tokyo." He said. "To whoever is watching this video right now, wish me luck."

Young Xander propped the camera against the nearby wall as it showed him digging into a bowl of very, very red ramen. He slurped noodles again and again before sipping at the crimson broth.

"Okay, that's a lot of spice." Johnny deadpanned.

"Did you, at least, get paid to do this?" Steffanie raised her eyebrow as she asked.

"I got, at the very least, five bucks from Gedo." Xander shrugged. "It was worth it at the time. I treated myself to those soft, little milk chocolate bars afterwards."

The video was now showing young Xander narrowing his eyes while relentlessly sipping water.

"On that day, I learned to never drink water after a spicy meal." The Filipino added as his younger self started to breathe heavily into the glass.

"Have you ever had a ghost pepper?" Candice asked.

"Honestly, no."

The girls were snickering in the background as the boys kept watching. As the slow but audible breathing in the phone continued, they heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, Xander, someone's at the front door of the PC and wants to see you." Christopher Lindsey (Roderick Strong) explained, hand still lightly tapping the door.

"Who is it?" The Filipino asked, not breaking his gaze from Austin's phone.

"It's, apparently, your uncle."

The instant he heard the word "uncle," Xander immediately dropped what he was doing and sprinted out the door, causing Christopher to jump back from the excited Filipino's path. Not too long after, Steffanie ran out as well.

"His uncle?" Cheree asked.

"Skype'd him once. He's cool." Austin answered, still watching the video.