One More Round

(July 22, 2020)

(On screen...)

A match was ongoing between REBIRTH's Kushida and Alex Shelley and Ever-Rise. Currently legal were Alex Shelley and Matt Martel. The former TNA star had his opponent in a side headlock before applying a Single Knee Facebreaker, stunning and flattening Martel before immediately following up with a Jumping Double Foot Stomp!

"So far, REBIRTH has been in complete control of this match." Mauro announced. "Their recent victory over the Undisputed Era has done wonders for their confidence."

Alex pulled Martel by the leg to his corner to tag in Kushida before pulling Matt Martel up to a seated position before hitting a Super Kick on the back of his head! As Alex Shelley went back to his corner, Kushida leapt of the top rope and hit a Moonsault and covered!

1...2...KICK OUT!

As he kicked out, Matt Martel quickly tried to tag in Chase Parker, but Kushida grabbed him by the leg midway through the ring before applying a Jumping Double Leg Knee Drop onto Martel's back! As the attack collided, Chase Parker immediately exploded from his corner to get a hit on Kushida, who ducked underneath his clothesline.

As Parker turned around to attack him again, Alex Shelley, who had climbed the turnbuckle, caught his attention, causing the Ever-Rise member to turn around into a Diving Hurricanrana from the Detroit native, sending him out of the ring! As this happened, Martel was caught in the Hoverboard Lock courtesy of Kushida. With no one around to help, he tapped out.

DING! DING! DING!

"Here are your winners: the team of Alex Shelley and Kushida: REBIRTH!"

"Kushida and Shelley are victorious!" Mauro announced.

As Ever-Rise recovered at ringside, the referee raised Kushida's and Alex's hands in victory.

The crowd let out a louder pop for Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish of the Undisputed Era, who made their way to the stage to stare down Kushida and Alex.

"Feeling confident from beating us at the Bash?" Kyle asked the two REBIRTH members in the ring.

"What do you lot want? Another lesson on humility courtesy of REBIRTH?" Alex snarled.

"You two against me and Bobby, next week!" Kyle exclaimed, causing the fans to cheer at the idea. After a soft conversation with Kushida in the ring, Alex turned to Kyle and Bobby with the microphone in his hand.

"You're on!"

(Later...)

The crowd let out a loud pop as the NXT Champion made his way down the ramp, title in hand. Axel had his usual ring and entrance gear on.

"And here comes the 'Strong Style Emperor' Axel Trese." Mauro announced. "Kind of a bold statement to come out here alone after the Undisputed Era's Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish made that challenge to REBIRTH's Kushida and Alex Shelley."

Axel entered the ring and quickly asked for a microphone.

"I have been your NXT Champion for a few weeks now and, frankly, waiting for a new challenger has been boring. It would seem that the locker room is either too busy with their own grievances or got cold feet. With that, I would like to invite any worthy opponent from the locker room to step in this ring for a non-title match with the face of NXT! This is your invite to challenge the Emperor. Take it or leave it."

Axel dropped the microphone before taking off his jacket and letting the NXT Championship hang from his hand instead of his shoulder. He watched the stage area, awaiting an opponent for the night.

A chorus of boos showered the arena, vocalizing the fans' disdain for the "Technical Savage" Cameron Grimes, who walked out to the stage with an air of confidence. In the ring, Axel sighed and softly slapped his forehead with his free hand.

"I don't think this is what Axel Trese had in mind." Beth said.

"These two don't exactly have a good history with one another." Nigel added.

Grimes immediately entered the ring before walking up to the NXT Champion and slapping him across the face! The boos amplified as Cameron immediately started hurling insults in the face of Axel Trese.

"Don't get so cocky now that you're a champ!" Grimes spat. "You're still a nobody, you hear m-"

Axel immediately cut him off with a point blank Forearm Strike followed by a left punch and a Roundhouse Kick! Grimes staggered back to his knees as Axel set the belt down on one of the turnbuckles before calling for a referee to officiate and the timekeeper to ring the bell.

DING! DING! DING!

As a referee sprinted down the ramp, Axel had Cameron cornered against a turnbuckle, firing a series of punches, knees, and kicks at him until the referee's count almost reached five. Axel immediately stepped away to let Cameron walk away while leaning against the ring ropes, only to jump him and connect with a Monkey Flip, sending Grimes crashing to the center of the ring!

With a kip up, Axel ran the ropes as Grimes managed to get on a knee before clocking the "Technical Savage" with a Shining Wizard and the pinfall!

1...2...3!

DING! DING! DING!

"Here is your winner: the NXT Champion, Axel Trese!"

Not even impressed, Axel took his championship belt and raised it in the center of the ring as, right behind him, Cameron Grimes slowly got up to his feet, completely dazed, and demanded a microphone. The NXT Champion turned around to see Cameron wobbling towards him with a glare and a microphone.

"That match does not count! I want a rematch right now!" He exclaimed. "I-"

Both men turned to the stage as, to the crowd's cheers, the former NXT Champion Adam Cole made his way down the ramp.

"There's the former NXT Champion!" Mauro announced. "What does Adam Cole have in mind?"

Axel shifted a bit from his position as the Undisputed Era leader rolled into the ring before going up to the complaining Cameron Grimes and hit him with a Super Kick! With Grimes knocked out, Adam turned to the Strong Style Emperor with Grimes' microphone in his hand. As the two exchanged glares, Adam slowly brought the microphone up.

"Since every other person you think is worthy of your presence is too busy with their own issues, I have a proposition: you and me, Axel. One more round." He said before slowly handing the microphone to Axel, who took it.

"Alright, I'll entertain your farce one more time...at Takeover 30."