The Dinner Date

"I hope this goes well..." Xander muttered to himself. It was the night after his first NXT match, and it was the night of his first date with Steffanie. 

The place he chose was a sushi bar and restaurant in Orlando named Sushi Pop.

Still adjusting the cuffs of his red long sleeved, buttoned polo, he looked at himself in the mirror of his bathroom. Taking in deep breaths, he noticed his phone ringing.

(Pretend this is the ringtone)

Realizing who the caller was, Xander quickly answered it.

"Hey, Steff." He greeted.

"Xander, I'm all set and in front of your house." Steffanie replied from the opposite line. "Ready to go out?"

"Hold on. Just finishing up." Xander answered.

"Alright. Please don't take too long."

"I won't. See you later." With that, Xander put the phone down. He checked himself in the mirror again, having combed his hair to keep a clean look.

"Here we go." Xander told himself as he exited the bathroom. He exited his apartment building to find his date, only to feel his jaw drop slightly upon seeing her.

Steffanie wore a snow white blouse that complemented her beauty along with a long black skirt and ankle boots. Strapped around her abdomen is a brown leather purse.

"How do I look?" She asked Xander, who stood there, slack jawed.

"N...Nice." He stammered. She smiled back.

"Thank you. Now, shall we be on our way?"

__________

The drive to Sushi Pop took at least thirty minutes, the two mostly silent in Xander's silver sedan, but they would make small talk whenever they stopped at red lights

The drive to Sushi Pop took at least thirty minutes, the two mostly silent in Xander's silver sedan, but they would make small talk whenever they stopped at red lights. Finally, they arrived.

"I'm getting excited." Xander smiled as she and Steffanie climbed out of the car.

"About the whole date or the food?" She asked him.

"Is it too much to say both?"

"Not so much."

The two entered the place, making sure they don't draw attention. Upon sitting down, a waiter quickly came to their table.

"Welcome to Sushi Pop. What will your order be?"

Xander looked up to the waiter. "Torched Tuna Nigiri, five servings, two Miso Soup, and water."

With a little bow, the waiter made his way to the bar area, leaving Xander and Steffanie on their own.

"So what made you choose sushi?" Steffanie asked him.

"You have no idea how much I love sushi." Xander replied, smiling.

"You had quite a career everywhere else. How'd you start pro wrestling?"

To her shock, Xander winced a little, looking away.

"Um..." He stammered. "Well, I started out as a Young Lion, went on a little worldwide excursion, then came back to New Japan."

"You won the IWGP Intercontinental Championship once, right?"

"Yeah." Xander smiled at the memory. "Had a good run before heading for Evolve."

"Cool." Steffanie smiled back. "It must've been fun."

"Um...yeah."

"You don't have a lot of experience talking to girls, do you?" Steffanie asked, taking a sip of water.

"Well, I didn't exactly have time to be able to learn that. Spent much of my life juggling school and work."

"What? Why?"

"It's nothing too big. What about you?"

"Well...I've loved wrestling for as long as I remember." The Welsh beauty pondered. "You've seen how much Kane inspired me, right?"

"Definitely." Xander smiled as their food was served. "Looks good."

"I know."

The two immediately began to eat their food, savoring the taste of each meal, with Xander clearly enjoying the the tuna nigiri. Steffanie was surprised by the flavor of each food item on their table. Not too long after, Xander asked for the bill with their plates and bowls emptied.

"That was good." Steffanie remarked. "You picked a nice place."

"Thanks." Xander smiled. "Next date, you get to pick."

"Awesome."

_________

It took thirty five minutes before Xander and Steffanie arrived back at the latter's house.

"While we did do nothing but talk and eat, it was still fun for me." Steffanie smiled. "Thanks for tonight."

"Anytime. Same time next week?" Xander asked.

"Sure." The Welsh woman suddenly scooted to his side to give him a quick kiss on the lips before stepping out of the car, leaving behind the blushing Filipino in stunned silence.

"..."

What came out of Xander's mouth and rang in his head as Steffanie entered her house and as he drove off in his car was...

__________

I sincerely apologize to those who are annoyed by Shishi Red