Red Camelia Earring

Haha- Cafe AU go brrrrrrr-

Pregame personalities

They're all 19 or 20

________

{Cafe AU}

Shuichi brushed the last bits of dirt that was on the pavement in front of the cafe shop that he worked at. The pay wasn't much, but it was his only way to earn money and get his mind off things. Business was usually slow there as well, but it was kind of good for him to get done with homework when the cafe had no customers to serve. Well, his only part time job, because he was bribed by his sister Tsumugi to join her in her little project of making a cafe.

The staff consisted of the people in their friend group along with some people that Shuichi kind of still had a grudge on, such as Kaito, because Kaito was such an ass during high school. Constantly picking on easy targets and picking at low hanging fruit which ended up with him, himself, becoming that low hanging fruit that was made fun of by people who weren't affected by his stature.

Shuichi pushed the chairs in and when he was about to walk in to help Tsumugi out with closing the cafe, he noticed a boy staring inside the cafe with a glint in his eyes. Shuichi noted the male's purple hair that seemed to not give two shits about gravity and was curled up, making it appear bouncy, and his pale skin, along with his purple eyes that complimented his hair.

Though, the male was wearing a hood that covered his head so his eyes were mostly covered. Weird, but Shuichi had no right to say anything when he would wear a hat all the time and be that weird emo kid in the back of the classroom watching people and giving them the creeps whenever they made eye contact.

"Hey, we're closed." said Shuichi, which made the male snap out of his dreamy stance as he turned around."A-ah! I'm sorry. Um.. Oh god this is so embarrassing......." stuttered the male before mumbling the last part."Um.... Well I guess I should go then." said Kokichi before running off. Shuichi just stared at where the smaller male just was at before sighing and going back into the cafe, what a weird boy.

:Time Skip

Okay, Shuichi can't hold it in anymore, the boy had been staring through the window all morning and it was giving Shuichi the creeps. But then again he shouldn't say anything when he's considered the creep of the grade, but this wasn't set in his grade, but a little diner that was just starting the build up some pace. Shuichi sighed as he started walking towards the door and opened it. The other male was thrown off by Shuichi walking over to him."C'mon, we don't want you to stay there all day." said Shuichi. The purple-haired boy smiled as Shuichi pulled him into the cafe to meet everyone.

After introductions, Shuichi asked why Kokichi was still wearing a hood when they were indoors. Kokichi giggled as he said that it was a secret, since that was obviously not giving Shuichi any clues, he decided to ask for the male's name, but the purple-haired boy kept that quiet as well. The others decided to not push the subject further as they went their separate ways. Shuichi noticed how Kokichi was eyeing the instruments at the other side of the cafe.

"You play?" asked Shuichi, sitting beside Kokichi. Kokichi nodded as he noticed that Shuichi had two earrings on one ear. Shuichi doesn't usually have his earrings appear that much since it would come off a bit weird that a male was wearing red camelia earrings, but Shuichi really liked them since they were the first gift that he had ever received. Though it's usually covered by his sideburns, when he tucks his hair behind his ear, it is noticeable.

Kokichi hums and says "Well I always wanted to try playing the piano." Shuichi smiles and says "I can ask Kaede to teach you how to play.""Really?!" exclaimed Kokichi as he grabbed both of Shuichi's hands and Shuichi was able to see Kokichi's eyes for the first time since the hood lurched back a little bit."H-hey!" exclaimed Shuichi, blushing a little bit while Kokichi pushed himself off of him and giggled awkwardly. "Sorry, I just really want to learn." apologized Kokichi. "No hard feelings, I can help you out with playing right hand though." said Shuichi, this made Kokichi's grin widen.

The purple-haired male soon became a common in the cafe. Even though no one knew his real name, they considered him as part of the family. And Shuichi would sometimes find himself staring at Kokichi while he was learning how to play the piano with Kaede. Which, Kaede surprisingly agreed in doing since she seemed to not be bothered too much over Kokichi's existence like everyone else's. Even Tenko was fond of the smaller male. While they were practicing a simple lullaby, Shuichi felt a pan hit the back of his head.

"HEY! What the hell!" exclaimed Shuichi, rubbing the back of his head while glaring at Rantaro. "Look, you're being too distracted by the new boy over there, but maybe try and watch how much sugar you are pouring in that cup?" said Rantaro, lighting his cigarette. Shuichi looked and realized that the sugar container was empty. Well, now he knows what he has to buy the next time he's grocery shopping, definitely not the sugar to repay Rantaro, because he hit him the back of the head.

:Time Skip

Kokichi had been visiting the cafe for 10 months and throughout those 10 months, Kokichi still stayed quiet over the subject of his name. Shuichi sighs, what was the point of calling in love with a boy and not even knowing their name? It seemed all pointless, but Shuichi was determined. He would sometimes give small gestures of kindness towards Kokichi, which the other male appreciated, but wouldn't get the fucking hint.

Well that was until Kokichi came to the cafe and asked "Hey guys, can we meet up for a second?" Everyone in the cafe stayed very still, because from Kokichi's tone, it was obviously not that good. "What's wrong?" asked Kiibo, looking at the purple-haired male."Well my parents won't allow me to visit back here again. Since they found out." said Kokcihi. "Oh, but why is it so serious?" asked Tsumugi. "Because, I am Kokichi Ouma and my mom and dad are the rulers." announced Kokichi. Everyone in the cafe remained silent while Kokichi just stood there with a worried expression.

"I'm sorry that it was out of nowhere. I just wanted you guys to know who I was before I leave." said Kokichi, as he dashed out of the door. "Well you better get him tiger." said Rantaro, shoving Shuichi forward, making him stumble a little bit."Wh-what the hell Amami?!" exclaimed Shuichi."Go get your Juliet, Romeo!" called Tsumugi when Shuichi ran out the door.

Kokichi was light and was pretty built for running, but Shuichi had the advantage of being able to work for 8 hours straight and long legs so Shuichi was finally able to catch up to Kokichi. Kokichi was thrown back as Shuichi hugged him from behind."Saihara-kun!" squeaked Kokichi as he squirmed a little bit in Shuichi's grasp."Look, I know that this might be stupid, but I really like you!" exclaimed Shuichi. Kokichi remained silent when Shuichi let go of him and Shuichi started getting worried, maybe he shouldn't have done that.

But a little giggle made him snap from his thoughts as he looked at Kokichi confused."You're such an idiot." said Kokichi between laughs, making Shuichi explode in a large blush."But I can't keep visiting you. I like you too, but my parents will find out." said Kokichi, laying his forehead on Shuichi's chest."Well then I guess I have a way for you to remember." said Shuichi as he went over to his ear and pulled off one of his red camelia earrings."Have you pierced your ears before?" asked Shuichi and Kokichi nodded. Shuichi was a bit thrown back by that, because he didn't expect a prince of all people bearing earrings.

Shuichi smiled as he cleaned the earring with a handkerchief that he keeps around in his pocket and placed it on Kokichi's right ear."There! Now we're matching." said Shuichi, laughing to himself and Kokichi giggles."Well.... I guess this is bye." said Kokichi, waving at Shuichi while Shuichi stood there on the sidewalk with a sad smile."Bye Kokichi." said Shuichi. 

I love you so much