Epilogue

Three years later...

"You've gotta be kidding me." Shadowsplitter looked at Lavender who was seated beside him, happily eating away at the food before her.

"Mrope." She replied with her mouth full.

"You're going to give me a heart attack before I reach my twenties." Sapphire complained weakly from where she laid her head on the long table.

"Nah, Mr ice cubes might though." Sc pointed out as her pointed her barbed tail towards her husband who sat beside her.

King Meerkat was currently in his normal form, Shudder. He didn't know if he should call himself King Shudder or just...Shudder.

"Why am I still called ice cubes again?" The IceWing asked as he rubbed his cerated talons across his face.

"Because you're Mr ice cubes." Lavender pointed a talon at him with a smirk on her face.

All of them had gotten together for a get together in the Sand Palace, the one time they'd all be free to get together, they all had to take the opportunity. Especially with how busy they all had become lately in the last few years.

Sapphire had been helping her mother with a sea urchin problem in the ocean for the last few months. Apparently, there was a large colony that wouldn't go away on their own and were started to cause some damage to the kingdom as well as any dragonets who might accidentally run across them and get to curious for their own good.

Shadowsplitter and Funnel were busy like some of the rest of them. The two of them were both Scorpion and Shudder's messenger's, But they needed to take turns since they had to keep an eye on their daughter, Robin, who was now three years old and getting into more mischief than before. The little dragonet was full on energy and always kept her patients on their toes.

Lavender and Salamander weren't as busy with the others, but Lavender could no longer fly, so it'd take her a lot longer to travel, plus, Shudder had been told she worked at an orphanage in her village, where she and Salamander had met their adopted son, Python. A smart little SandWing dragonet. He wasn't as energetic as the others and was the quiet one, much like Trotzen, one of his own daughters.

"Honey, why don't you go check on the dragonets? I haven't heard a peep out of them so far all night and I'm starting to think that Robin might've decided to lead them on an adventure again." Scorpion asked of him as she took a sip of her drink, looking at him from the corner of her eye.

Great timing, he couldn't help but think as a smile made its way onto his face.

"Sure, Just make sure not to miss me to much while I'm gone." He stood himself up as he got out of his seat. His smile only got wider at the sight of Scorpion's smile that she was horribly trying to hide with her golden glass.

The IceWing started to make his way out of the dinning hall and started to make his way through the palace, listening to the tap of his scales as he walked. Outside was dark as the three moons shone brightly out in the night sky, glowing brightly along side the twinkling stars. He took a few moments to just look at them, his blue eyes wide in awe.

Ever since he left the Ice Kingdom, ever since he was hired years ago to try and assassinate Scorpion, he's been happy. Scorpion's made me happy, he thought with a smile. How he ever thought he'd be able to kill such a beautiful and strong minded dragon, he never knew, but he certainly was glad he didn't.

He shook his head, listening to the clinking of his jewelry and he tapping of his spinal scales that ran like a mane down the back of his neck. He turned to keep walking and it wasn't long before he was pushing open a door, before he froze at the sight before him, his heart melting.

He was looking into his dragonets bedroom, the one his three children all shared since they hated to be separated.

In a nest made of blankets and pillows was a pile of sleeping dragonets.

The first one he noticed was Robbin, the SkyWing NightWing dragonet sprawled out on her back, halfway hanging out of the pillow and blanket makeshift nest they'd made.

Sleeping softly beside her was Cacti and Python, the two SandWing dragonet's partly laying atop one another.

Beside them was Trotzen who was neatly curled up, one of Robin's wings sprawled our across her back.

Then last but not least was the youngest of the five dragonets, Snowflake. The IceWing SandWing dragonet has her head resting in her talons, her silver glasses still on her face and a scroll within her talons.

When he walked closer, he was able to see the scroll she'd been reading before they'd all fallen asleep.

The forgotten continent

Huh, I haven't seen that one. Maybe Strongwings gave it to her from their last visit, he thought as his blue eyes looked back over to the sleeping pile of dragonets.

He couldn't stop the small smile that made its way onto his face as he grabbed one of their extra blankets and carefully draped in over the five of them.

"Sweet dreams my little snowflakes." He whispered before he turned to make his way back towards the door.

I wonder what they'll be up to in the morning, he thought with a silent chuckle as he silently closed the door, leaving the five dragonets to their restful slumbers.

——————————————————
And here lies the end of Torn Sides.

I hope you all enjoyed this book, and I hope you'll stick around for my next WoF fanfiction that's in the works.

Forgotten Regrets.

- MindlessTyper