Chapter 12

"So you really flew for the whole day, without any breaks or stopping to catch anything to eat?" Salamander asked from where she was seated.

The two hybrids had been flying most of the day towards the SkyWing Palace, taking short breaks here and there to get food or just rest in general. Salamander was currently eating a goat she had managed to swoop down and snatch off a cliff face. While Lavender had managed to find a tree with some fruits hanging off of it. She remembers the strange look Salamander gave her when she started picking some of the fruit for herself.

"What are you doing?" The splotchy hybrid asked with a confused look as she held her goat between her talons, the white furred animal hanging limp.

"Getting fruit."

"Why?"

"To eat, that's the whole reason we're stopping to take a break here sunshine." Lavender huffed as she plucked another fruit from the tree, now holding five piece in her talons. They weren't as large as most fruits in the Rainforest, but they'll do.

"You eat fruit?"

"Yeah, I'm part RainWing and all they eat is fruit, so what's the big deal about it?"

"Well, I've never met a RainWing before so I dunno what they eat. I all know is brute lazy and passive, kinda pushovers." She shrugged.

"Okay, some of that's true, but not all of it." Lavender sighed as they started to fly back to their spot they'd chosen for their break, Lavender explaining to Salamander what RainWing's ate and how they behaved.

Lavender cleared to memory from her mind with a twitch of her wings as she bit down into another piece of fruit, she'd already eaten two of them. "Mhmfp" she nodded as she didn't want to talk with her mouth full of fruit.

"Seriously? How stupid could a dragon get?"

"Hey!" She spat once she swallowed her fruit. "I was just desperate to get away from you!"

"And look at how amazingly that worked for you princess." She smiled.

Lavender decided to ignore the other hybrid as she kept eating, keeping herself within her own mind. It no longer was swirling like a rapid river with questions, it had calmed down and it no longer hurt from how many questions or thoughts she had. She was pulled out of her mind though when Salamander spoke a few minutes later, breaking the silence between the two of them.

"So, what does fruit taste like?"

Lavender looked up at her. "Try one and find out." She shrugged as she used her tail to gently push on in her direction, the round red fruit rolling over to her before it bumped into Salamander's talons, which, were a little blood from the goat she had now fully devoured.

"It won't poison me right?" The two tailed dragon asked as she picked it up and began to inspect it, looking it over with her sparkling emerald eyes.

"You see me eating them just fine." Lavender huffed as she took the last bite out of her third fruit before moving onto her forth, which was now, her last. But if she was still hungry, she could fly back to find the tree and get some more if she really wanted.

"Yeah but you're part RainWing, what if these are poisonous to SandWings?"

"My friend ate them just fine when she was staying in the Rainforest, everyone can eat fruits as long as they're not poisonous." Lavender picked up her forth fruit and held it up. "This," she pointed at it with her free talon. "Is not poisonous, so, you'll be fine."

Salamander looked slightly skeptical, but after she let out a small hum before she bit into the fruit, some of the red-ish pink juices squirting out in her face. Maybe I should've warned to take smaller bites, Lavender thought as she watched the other hybrid for a few more moments. Nah, she smirked as she continued to eat her own fruit.