Chapter 22

Lavender felt her heard pounding in her chest as she ran out of her families hut with Salamander, Shadowsplitter and Sapphire hot on her heals. When she made her way outside, her eyes widened in shock.

NightWing's were everywhere. Word must've spread fast throughout the Kingdom and t looks as though almost every NightWing in the rainforest had shown up.

She could feel her frills droop, twitching in worry and nervousness.

"We'd like to thank you all for coming on such short notice!" A voice called out. She recognized them immediately.

Charming, she thought as she quickly started to make her way through the crowd, ignoring the protests from Shadowsplitter, Sapphire and Salamander. She wove her way between NightWing's, using her smaller body to her advantage. She soon was able to see the Tribrid, his jewellery sparkling brightly in the sunlight, clinking together with each of his movements.

Standing beside the Tribrid was Animosity, the NightWing was standing straight with her head held high and her eyes narrowed, as though she was trying to show her power, a look that said "I'm powerful and don't forget it."

"With all of you gathered here today, we believe it's about time to announce a large step for the NightWing's." The Tribrid glared his wings, the colourful insides looking to sparkle.

We? Lavender's eyes narrowed as she watched the pair.

"By midday we will set out to reclaim our old kingdom!" Animosity roared, her voice sounding like thunder as it rang through the air, making sure every dragon in the area heard her voice, making sure they'll listen to her.

Wait, reclaim their kingdom, she thought as a feeling of dread washed over her. She must be talking about the Night Kingdom that Queen Beetle took over decades ago, she could be starting a war with the SandWing's! Her heart pounded in her chest. With Scorpion and Meerkat.

NightWing's roared in agreement, which in turn made Charming smile while Animosity's face looked rather emotionless over than her eyes hat seemed to gleam darkly.

"We'll head out when the sun is at its peak!" Charming roared as dragons roared along side him, making the ground rumble like a sleeping beast being disturbed from its slumber.

This made Lavender feel a sinking feeling within her chest. What was she going to do? She couldn't stop a whole kingdom's worth of dragons from doing what they wanted!

But I can influence them otherwise, this thought tired to replace her dread and fear with determination, but, would she be able to do it?

As the NightWing's started to go back to their businesses or went to start preparing for the journey, Lavender made her way back to her family's hut. Along the way, she passed by three familiar NightWing's.

Dooming, Quietmind and Silentseer.

The three NightWing's were taking amongst one another, not even giving her a second glance. Well, that was a lie. Silentseer gave her a glance, then a second, and then a third before she picked up her pace and avoided eye contact with the other dragon. Lavender was no longer just walking, she was now quickly trotting to get back to her families hut where she could see everyone standing outside.

"We heard everything." Orchid was first to speak, sorry glittering in her warm gaze.

"How could we not?" Salamander and Shadowsplitter both snapped at the same time before looking at each other with confusion.

"We need to think of something, we have to act now-" Lavender started to ramble as her scales started flashing randomly from black to purple to pink, her frills twitching and rattling nervously.