Chapter 14

What are those two doing here?! Her mind screamed as she and Salamander watched the group of NightWing's as they listened to Animosity who stood in the middle of them, with Charming her her side, the Tribrid's jewellery glittering in the dimming light as the sun continued to set beyond the horizon, the sky growing darker in colouration as more stars poked their way through to be seen as the three moons started to glow.

They stayed as silent as possible as they watched Animosity spread her wings before she shot off into the air, Charming following soon afterwards with the rest of the NightWing's right on his tail.

Lavender watched as the group of dark coloured dragons flew off into the darkening night sky.

"We need to follow them." She decided.

"What?" Salamander's emerald green eyes locked with her pink ones with a confused look.

"You heard me! We need to follow them!"

"Why? It's just a group of NightWing's going to the Rainforest, where they live."

"No! That's Animosity and Charming! They were at the village outside of the Rainforest and Charming kept talking about a new era for NightWing's! And they don't give me a good feeling, something is awfully wrong about them and I know it!"

"Why do you care so much about what they could be doing?"

"Because my family lives in the Rainforest! If they're going to do something bad, they could get hurt!" She hissed as she shot off into the air, feeling her necklace thump against her chest, feeling like an echo of the painful thump that rung inside her chest. She turned to look back at Salamander who hadn't moved.

"They could take care of themselves, could they not? So why should you get involved?" Salamander questioned with narrowed eyes and a dismissive flick of her two tails that were woven together like two dragons wrapping their tails together.

"They're my family! Why would I sit back and let something possibly awful happen to them!" She spat, her heart clenching. "If you don't want to come, fine. You can be on your own again."

With that, she spun around and started to fly off in the direction the group of NightWing's had flown off to, towards the Rainforest.

She heard wing beats behind her, and when she looked, she saw Salamander following behind her, with an annoyed look on her splotchy face.

"I'm not going to let you go off and find a way to get yourself killed, so, I'm coming with you."

"Why didn't you want to come for any other reason? You're part NightWing, what if one of your parents lives in the Rainforest and they could get in trouble."

Salamander's face scrunched up, she let out a snort of smoke. "That dragon can burn in a fire for all I care." The other hybrid spat.

Lavender looked at her face as they flew above the Kingdom, soon flying away from the palace and towards empty mountains. She couldn't help but let her mind wander inside of Salamander's in that moment and what she saw made her heart stop.

"Get up!" Shouted an angry voice. It belonged to a NightWing, his scales as black as night itself but with some hints of yellow blended in. His eyes were an emerald green that blazed with fury. Not to far away from him was a small dragonet, they didn't look to be over two years old. That dragonet was Salamander, curled up and coughing.

"If you can't take a simple hit from a tail, how do you expect to live on this world?!"

"I-I'm sorry dad-"

"Sorry doesn't keep you alive," the NightWing spat. "And you know better than to call me that, you useless dragonet."

"Are you being harsh on her again?" Hissed another voice, a feminine one that belonged to a pale sandy yellow SandWing with dark coloured eyes, one scratched out on her right side and her brown frill was tattered and torn.