Prologue

Impatient, that's how she felt as her tail twitched at her side in annoyance. "He should've been here by now." She snarled to herself. The NightWing has traveled for what seemed like forever, all the way to the village outside the Sea Kingdom, a town full of SeaWings. Everything smelled of fish and it stuffed her nose with the unwelcomed sent, along with the smell of the ocean, the salty water that no dragon would dare drink unless they wanted to be thirstier than when they thought about drinking the water.

She was sitting just outside of the village, hidden behind some large rocks that jutted out from the sand. She reached up with one talon to fiddle with the silver earring that hung from her left ear, feeling the smooth silver's cold surface. She couldn't help but touch her prize every few hours to remind herself it was still there, she wouldn't want it vanishing on her now would she?

She let out a huff of annoyance as she stopped pestering her earring. She instead looked up at the moons that glowed brightly above her. Oh how powerful those moons were, how powerful they could make a NightWing just by being born under their gifting light. The sight of those moons reminded her of the day of her sons hatching. She made sure he hatched under at least one of those glorious moons, to her pleasure, he hatched under two of them. He was gifted with two powers, the power of mind reading and his ability to see prophecy's that could determine the future. She was slightly disappointed he didn't get future sight, but, she sadly didn't have the power to choose her sons abilities.

He was lucky to be born with such gifts. Herself and his father were born without any gifts from the moon. His father was born within the shadow of a large tree, hidden away from the moons welcoming glow, while herself was born on the darkest night of all, the moons weren't able to be seen, they were completely shadowed over. But she didn't have to worry about that, she didn't need those powers now that she had her earring, and soon she'd have so much more.

She couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face, her wings twitching slightly at her sides as if they wanted to shoot off and carry her to her goal to achieve it immediately, but, she had to be patient, for now at least.

"Enjoying the moonlight, my dear?"

The NightWing's head jerked to look towards the owner of the voice, she let out a threatening snarl and smoke rose from her flared nostrils in a threat display. Her expression only softened once she saw the familiar face that came along with the handsome and charming voice.

"You lazy excuse of a lizard, what's taken you so long?" She spat at him as she stood up, shaking the sand from some of her talons as she did so.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was busy dealing with someone who had so much jewelry to trade! Oh they were just splendid!" The dragon in front of her showed off some of his new jewelry that glittered brightly in the moonlight. This dragon was odd looking in appearance. He looked just like a NightWing but his scales were tinted a dark blue in colour. Along his underbelly were glowing patches that matched those of a SeaWing, he had some decorating his face around his eyes as well.

He had the frills of a RainWing along with the horns of one too. His frills and the underside of his wings were a bright blue and green in colouration with small sparkles of white that were shaped like tiny stars. He had several earrings and rings, along with strands of jewels hanging from his horns and wings. He wore a neckband that had several layers of jewels hanging down in strands. On his forearms were each a silver band with blue sapphires embedded within it along with strands of sapphires handing down his arms. In fact, all the jewels this dragon wore were sapphires or jewels close in colouration and shade. His eyes looked to glow in the dim light, sparkling along side the jewels that decorated his body.

"As if you don't have enough as it is." She scoffed with a roll of her eyes.

"There is no such thing as to much jewelry my dear! But no dragon is complete without a smile, so why don't you show yours off like it's the finest jewel in all of Pyrrha?" He have his own charming smile.

"I don't smile, I bargain, steal and kill. I'm not some show off of a dragon who only feels proud of them self for their jewelry," she hissed with a lash of her tail. "If you weren't useful to me, then I would've gotten rid of you already."

"What a compliment! You're going to make me blush."

"Shove your tail down your throat, or I will." She snapped, but she got no reaction out of the odd dragon that stood before her.

"Now that you've gotten that out of your system," he gave her another of his charming smiles as she wrapped one of his sparkling wings over her shoulders, which she shook off, snapping at him "don't touch me." before he continued. "Are we going to head back to the wonderful rainforest? Or will we stay here on this smelly town that you hate so much?"

"I should just leave you here."

"But you won't."

"Let's just get going, the sooner we leave, the faster we'll get there." The NightWing hissed with a flick of her formed tongue.

"Lead the way, your highness~"

"Ugh, keep that up and I'll be the death of you before your jewels get the chance suffocate you." She snarled as she spread her black starry with and took off into the darkness of the night sky, the odd dragon following close behind her as they started to head towards he Rainforest, where their plan lay in wait for them.

———————————————————
A short Prologue, but a good one in my opinion! We got a second appearance by our lovely NightWig friend and her special earring, and we even got a little glimpse of her charming friend, if you'd call him that.

Anyways! Welcome to the begging of Torn Sides! I'm super excited to start this story with you all and share this wonderful story that I've had in the works for the last few months.

Hopefully you guys won't have to wait long for Chapter 1 to be released, since at the time I'm typing this out, I haven't started it yet.

Thank you all for reading the beginning of this brand new adventure, and stay tuned for the next part.

And don't worry, we'll be seeing some familiar faces very soon.

- MindlessTyper