Chapter 1

It was early dawn within Rainforest, the birds morning songs filling the air as they started the stir awake as the sun rose beyond the horizon. The morning dew that stuck to the plants and especially the trees looked to glitter like jewels, sparkling with the warm colours of the sun, reflecting off of their surface.

Some drops of dew started to collect together on a leaf, making it dip down under the weight before it was forced to let go of the droplet that fell down throughout the canopy, avoiding vines and any insects climbing along them. It confined to fall before it fell onto the face of a dragon down below, a dragon with purple scales and pink spots that dropped down along her neck and down her legs, all the way down her tail.

Lavender scrunched up her eyes slightly as he dew drop fell on her snout, some of the smaller droplets spraying out and almost splashing her in the face. She shook her head to rid herself of it before she let out a sigh. She'd had a peaceful rest last night and planned on waking up early, but she didn't know walking up early meant being tired and feeling as lazy as a sloth.

At least I'll be able to get some fresh pickings of fruit, the hybrid thought, making her smile, her frills twitching happily at the sides of her head. She took a few moments to stretch out her limbs before she stretched out her wings with a yawn.

Sure she had slept peacefully last night, but maybe she should've actually slept inside her families hut, like her older brother suggested. Instead, she slept in a tree. She wanted to draw some sketches in the scroll her father gave her, but she only got one down before she fell asleep. She wanted to get into artistic things, and painting was one of them. Her mother told her about how she used to be a painter before she met Strongwings.

I better head back before Orchid sends Shadow to come find me, she thought with a yawn. Then I can go get some fruit before others do, even before some of the birds do!

She had a smile on her face as the purple dragon started to make her way through the forest, her sketching scroll tucked beneath her wing, feeling the comforting damp air that tried to cling to her scales. She had a small prance in her step as she walked, she couldn't help but start to hum as she listened to the early morning songs the birds sang in the Rainforest, humming happily as she went on her way.

It didn't take her long to find the pathway that lead to the small village her and her family called home, along with several others. She followed the path, the same path she had followed for all seven years of her life. Some say it seems as though she hadn't aged much, and she felt as though that were true, she just felt like she was getting bigger and looking more like an adult. She still was small though, being the shortest in her family and in the village, the only dragons that were actually smaller than her were dragonets.

Her brother constantly would tease her, saying she'd never get any bigger than she was now. That thought made her puff her checks with a pout. She'd get bigger! She's sure of it! All dragons do and so will she!

She shook her head as she focused back on humming, now bouncing along to her own beat. "Hmmmm, du du da da!" She giggled slightly as she kept going. "Hm hm hm hm hm!"

Lavender soon could see the small clearing the village resided in. She picked up her pace as she walked down the path, looking at the huts that filled the space along with some stands where dragons would sell or trade things. Sure the village was small, with only around thirty huts, maybe somewhere in the twenties, but it was close enough! But it was a stable community. The hybrid could see a few dragons wandering about, most were NightWing's, but there were a few RainWing's here and there walking around sluggishly from tiredness. Her village had mostly NightWing residents, with one forth of the other residents being RainWing's.