Chapter 13

"This place is so cool!" Lavender said in awe as she walked the bustling streets of the Sky Kingdom. She'd never seen to many SkyWing's in one place! So many different shades of reds, oranges and there were even some dark shades of pink here and there.

"It's all shiny things here." Salamander chuckled as they walked together.

"You better not steal anything!" She hissed, earning a laugh from the other hybrid.

"No promises sweets."

"No promises sweets." She mocked her, trying to mimic Salamander's smooth voice that was deeper than her own.

"Are you mocking me now?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? Are you to obsessed with treasure that you've replaced your eyes with jewels and plugged your ears with earrings?"

"That doesn't sound to bad of an idea."

Lavender didn't respond as she spotted a stand that caught her eye. There was a SkyWing running it and they were selling all kinds of bright coloured jewelry. Necklaces with gold or silver chains with bright coloured jewels ranging from any colour you could think of. The jewels all were shaped to be unique and special, each one different from the next. Salamander must've noticed her staring at the stand since she had stopped walking.

"You wanna go check it out?" Her voice pulled the smaller purple hybrid from her trace as she shook her head as her frills twitched.

"Sure, but no touching anything!" Lavender didn't even wait for a response before she made her way towards the stand. Everything was beautiful.

She looked in awe at the crafted jewellery. Her frills twitched happily as she looked some of them over, running one of her talons gently over a blue carved sapphire that was shaped to look like a dolphin with a golden rim and chains. She could feel Salamander's gaze on her as the other hybrid walked over.

Lavender reached over to look at another piece of jewelry, this one looked to be the most simple out of all of them. It was a simple silver chain necklace with a silver pendent that had a pink jewel embedded into it. The pendent was circular in shape, along with the jewel. In others eyes, it might've looked plain compared to all the other jewellery, but to Lavender, it looked beautiful.

"You like that one?"

"Huh?" Lavender was pulled out of her trance and looked over towards Salamander who was looking at her from the corner of her eye. She had a small smile on her face as her lager talons reached out to touch the jewelry, gently brushing one claw over the pink jewel and over Lavender's smaller talons.

"Do you like my voice so much that you can't think of a response?"

"No! Shut up you over grown winged lizard!" She exclaimed as she playfully slapped her wing on the other hybrids head, making her laugh.

Lavender watched as Salamander looked towards the SkyWing who ran the stand. "Do you take trades?"

The SkyWing looked to think for a moment. Lavender took the chance to look the other dragon over. The female SkyWing had pale orange scales, paler than Funnel's. She had dark orange eyes that looked to be made from the lit of a fire. Her horns were a dark russet, almost a dark brown in colour. She had some small golden bud earrings in her ears that looked to glitter and shine like the sun.

"I'd be willing to see what you have to trade," she hummed as she lightly tapped her chin with one claw. "Are you wanting to offer for that necklace?"

"Yes, it'll be for her." Salamander confirmed as she started to dig through the pouch that was strapped onto her right thigh.

The SkyWing merchant looked towards Lavender, she could feel her gaze look her up and down. "She your family or something kid?"