Chapter 24

It felt like an eternity before night began to fall. A large amount of progress had been made that day as the whole tribe worked. There were large piles of black stone bricks around the palace and most of the Kingdom was cleaned of the twisting vines that tried to stake their claim on the abandoned land. The whole area just looked, cleaner, than it did before with all the vines now gone. Everyone felt exhausted and hungry, so when group three returned with a days worth of hunting, there was a feast.

Lavender sat on her own, picking away at a boar someone had caught. It was cooked and still had heat radiating off of its furless body. She'd already eaten two of its legs, but she couldn't force herself to eat anymore. For some reason, she just felt empty.

Salamander would've been happy to finish the rest of this, she thought with a sigh. Lavender hadn't seen Salamander all day, not even a glimpse of the two tailed hybrid. She was no where to be seen and she wasn't even here now at the feast like everyone else.

Animosity and Charming weren't there either, which made her stomach churn and do flips within her gut, which in turn made her regret eating to much in the first place.

What if something happened to her? Her mind started to wander into awful thoughts about what Animosity and Charming could've done to the older hybrid she'd grown to call a friend, maybe even more than that.

"Strongmind?"

She flinched slightly before she shook her head so she could see clearly. When she looked to see who called her name, her fake name, she saw Silentseer. The male NightWing was looking at her curiously, a hint of worry glittering in his eyes. The NightWing's eyes seemed to glitter in the moon light like colourful stars, just like Salamander's, she thought sadly before she pushed it away so she could focus instead on the dragon that stood before her.

"Yes?" She asked, forcing herself to give him a smile.

"I was just wondering what you were doing, you know," he walked over to lay down beside her. "laying over here all by yourself."

"Oh, I was just, felling a little tired after today's work." She wasn't lying, she did feel sore from working all day, but she also just didn't feel like enjoying the feast and celebration like everyone else. Salamander wasn't here, so it didn't really feel like a party to her.

"Well, then you should get some rest." He suggested with a kind smile before he looked at her half rated boar.

"Do you plan on finishing that?"

"Oh, um, no I don't. You can have it if you'd like." She offered him as she used her talons to push it towards him, to which he took it within his own talons with a smile.

"Thanks."

The two of them laid there in a peaceful silence as dragons danced and sang before them. There were fires set to cook food and to light up the area, if the moons weren't doing that enough. The three moons were full and shinning down upon them, making everything seem to sparkle in their silver light. As the moments ticked on, Lavender remembered something as a memory flashed before her eyes.

"Lavy, we'll probably get split up, so if we do, meet me at the shoreline later tonight." Lavender looked up at Salamander who was looking down to meet her gaze. "Alright?"

"Alright." Lavender nodded before the two of them looked back to watch dragons getting split off into groups.

Lavender's wings stiffened. The shore! Salamander could be waiting for me there! I have to go check! She quickly sat up, Silentseer giving a startled choke on his food as he looked at her while he swallowed the rest of the boar.