|| Chapter 49 ||

It had been about an hour since the fighting broke out. Jimin monitored Jin the whole time, and he luckily seemed fine, though still unconscious, much to Jungkook's concern.

Part of him really wanted to go down and help Yoongi and the others. Medics never got the same fame as the warriors, despite often risking their own lives on the field. But Jimin didn't care about that. He just wanted to make sure they won this battle.

It was truly an unprecedented situation.

"It's cold up here," Jimin remarked, "we should probably get inside."

Jungkook helped him to lift Jin up in a piggy back, and they headed back down the stairs. Jimin had gotten stronger over the past month, that was for sure. If this was back then he probably would've been lying face down at the bottom of the stairs by now.

They reached the top floor of the hall, which acted as some kind of storage room, full of miscellaneous boxes, old paperwork and junk.

Just then the both of them heard a noise - multiple footsteps followed by the clattering of metal against the wall. They stopped still, nervous.

Jungkook tugged Jimin's sleeve, gesturing to a nearby cupboard.

"We can't both fit in there." Jimin whispered.

"No, but you can. Stay in there unless I knock on the door. I'm going to find somewhere else."

Jimin told him to be careful, and then squeezed into the metal cupboard with Jin leaning against him. It was pitch black when closed, except a small field of vision through the crack between the doors.

He let out a sigh at the situation. He hoped the others were okay. He hoped his family were okay too.

The footsteps were gone for a while, until after 10 minutes or so he heard them reappear, but this time they were closer. He could hear the person enter the room and immediately his breath stopped.

The person didn't knock at the door - it wasn't Jungkook.

Slowly the footsteps got closer, and Jimin's heart rate grew higher. He could feel his limbs shaking from adrenaline.

They were right outside the cupboard.

No no no no no.

The room was deadly silent, so much so that he could hear their breathing. He shut his eyes hopelessly, hand squeezing Jin's wrist.

The door opened and he flinched.

"Jimin?"

Safe.

He was safe.

It was Yoongi.

"Oh my god," he panted, "you idiot, you scared the life out of me."

"Well, after fighting half the town for the past hour I guess my priority wasn't exactly being unsuspicious."

In the silence that followed Yoongi noticed that the boy in front of him was shaking, and immediately softened his voice. "Hey...you okay?"

Jimin grabbed onto him in a tight hug. "...I'm so glad you're safe." He whispered. Yoongi held him too and stroked his hair.

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

"It doesn't matter." He let go. "The others are fine?"

Yoongi nodded.

"Okay. Then let's get moving."

.

.

.

.