|| Chapter 37 ||

"Jimin?"

He lowered his hand slightly, surprise evident on his face. "Yoongi?"

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous. Besides, I didn't think you wanted any part in..." He trailed off, remembering that this was what caused the divide between them in the first place.

"I'm not fighting anyone, if that's what you think." Jimin asserted, placing his weapon on a nightstand. "Quite the opposite actually. Just making sure everyone is safe."

"I see...how are Jin and Namjoon?"

"Fine. How are the other guys?"

"Fine too. Although...I don't know. I'm a bit worried that Taehyung is getting too involved with this. He's changed."

Jimin didn't reply for a brief few moments. "Are you sure it's not that you don't want to do this anymore? You don't align with how strongly he believes in this revolution? Maybe you're the one who's changed."

Yoongi didn't know what to say. "How do you know?"

"Because that's how I felt too."

It went quiet.

Yoongi suddenly remembered why he was here. "Right, I have stuff to be doing. It's dangerous to be here, you should go."

"I'm going nowhere, not yet."

Yoongi sighed. "So if you get caught up in this, you're confident that you will be able to protect yourself?"

"...yes."

"...alright."

Jimin wanted to say "I'll see you later" but he wasn't sure if he would.

"I'm going to go then." Yoongi announced.

"Yeah. Bye."

"...Take care." He uttered, before leaving and shutting the door behind him. Jimin let out a sigh.

Yoongi walked back to the others and gently closed the door as Hyunjin turned to face him, asking "so? No-one left?"

"... yeah, nobody else." And again, he could feel Taehyung's gaze upon him. Judging.

"Okay good, now we wait."

But they didn't have to wait for long, since as Changbin recorded Hyunjin with the politician and broadcasted it live, the police were even more eager to get to them.

It was around an hour before there were loud knocks on the door, followed by yells and threats. "Open the door, or we'll open fire!"

Taehyung quickly stepped backwards, pointing out "there's smoke." And he was right, dark grey smoke was seeping under the door, causing everyone to suddenly cover their mouths.

"That's not poison or anything, I can smell burning." Changbin pointed out.

Yoongi remembered seeing things being burnt earlier. Maybe it had gotten out of control. "Damn, I think this building is going to go up in flames some time soon." Then his eyes suddenly widened. Jimin was still in here.

Another threat came from the other side. Taehyung beckoned for Yoongi to follow him, and they stood either side of the door. The younger unlocked the door, and as soon as it was opened he began to fight the officers on the other side.

One of them grabbed Yoongi, but he had no desire to fight. He swung his head backwards and pried himself out of their grasp, pushing through the small crowd before running down the corridor. "Jimin!" He called.

Taehyung froze for a millisecond. "Jimin?"

The older boy glanced around, immediately noticing the wooden staircase on fire, as well as the curtains and other things in the lobby. There was so much smoke.

Their room was far enough away that it hadn't become dangerous yet, but the place where Jimin had been was much closer. Yoongi continued calling out his name in vain.

After a while he heard a faint knock from inside one of the rooms, and hastily opened the door. Immediately a weight fell into him, and he caught the weak figure in his arms.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" He asked, as the younger boy lifted his head up slightly, letting out a cough.

"Guess I've been better." He forced a smile.

"Okay come on, I'm getting you out of here."

He pulled Jimin's arm around him and began to walk.

But after a few small steps someone suddenly lunged towards him and swung their fist; he staggered to the side as Jimin fell from his grasp and to the ground.

It was a police officer from the earlier crowd. He grabbed Yoongi by the collar and pulled him up. As much as he hated to admit it, Yoongi was kinda small. It wasn't difficult for the man to keep hold of him.

He was shoved against the stair rails, the impact against his ribs leaving him breathless. Heat suddenly hitting his face, he opened his eyes and looked down into the firey abyss below.

The entire of the floor below was done for. There wasn't an inch of ground to be seen; everything was burning.

"You'll tell your little friends to stop this right now or that's where you'll end up." The voice commanded. The man's hand was on the back of Yoongi's head, grabbing him by the hair. As much as he wanted to turn away he couldn't, so the most he could do was scrunch his eyes shut and block out the sight.

He couldn't exactly comply. That would be a huge burden to Hyunjin, Taehyung and this entire revolution, as much as he didn't agree with it. But if he didn't agree he would be killed.

A familiar pain formed in his head. At this point he didn't know whether it was the smoke inhalation or his amnesia causing it. But he had never been in this situation before, he was sure of it. He would definitely remember if he was about to be thrown into fire. So why exactly did it make him feel this way?

There was no time to dwell on it. With as much force as he could conjure up, Yoongi elbowed the officer in the side, pushing him backwards and away from him. But that didn't do much, because before he could think he was in the air again, this time held high up within the man's grasp.

"Goodbye you little punk."

He shook his head frantically, almost an involuntary action. As he was carried closer to the railings and felt the flames beneath his back, he let out a shaky protest, voice weak.

He heard Jimin calling his name.

His eyes closed.

And the world fell from under him.

A/N we are nearing the final few chapters 😔 I'm going to predict maybeeeee 45? That's probably a maximum boundary but we'll see how it goes

Remember to be kind to yourself today and also to stream Ego, Shadow and Black Swan ✨