|| Chapter 8 ||

Ice glazed the train tracks, reflecting the approaching dawn above them as crimson clouds washed over the horizon when they arrived. It was a new experience - seeing the shop engulfed in the pleasant orangey glow - but they didn't stop to admire it for long.

Before long the door was flung open and the boys flocked into the living room, taking their usual spots. Jungkook watched them like one would watch a line of ants going about their business. Jin beckoned for him to take a seat on the rug in front of the fireplace.

Despite the strength of the sun, it was still cold in the building. The sky acted as more of a decoration than a heat source, meanwhile the frost remained strong willed as it laced the grass. The tiny ice sculptures hid in the deepest recesses of the green blades, where even the sun's rays couldn't reach.

"So...Jungkook," Namjoon began, with everyone else having their attention firmly focused on him, "we know all of this is really sudden. But we were wondering if there's anything you could tell us, or anything you can remember about how you got here?"

The brunette crossed his legs and messed with the ends of his tattered sleeves as he thought. "I don't remember a lot. I just remember being somewhere else...it was warm and happy. But then everything was dark and...i was taken here."

It was obvious that he hadn't done much talking over the years. His vocabulary wasn't that much more advanced than one of a child's, but despite his lack of academic skill, it was clear that he was intelligent. He knew what had happened - he just didn't know how to explain it.

"I see..." the purple haired one replied. Namjoon wasn't expecting a cohesive response, he didn't even need an answer to the question which he himself had asked - he just wanted to test the younger's ability.

"That's enough questions for now. How about i bring everyone some hot chocolate?" Jin offered, with a smile that practically radiated joy. Everyone nodded of course, except Jungkook who probably didn't know what hot chocolate was, but Jin decided to make him some anyway. After all, no one deserves to live without hot chocolate.

"Kookie, come with me and you can have some of my clothes. It looks like you could do with some." Taehyung beckoned, standing up and waiting for the younger to join. When they stood side by side Taehyung looked to be taller, but in reality it was Jungkook's posture that made him appear smaller than he was: in fact he was probably about the same height as Taehyung.

They walked a short distance to the main area of the shop, where the washing machines were located. The 6 always did find it odd how the shop had fully functioning machines left in it, surely they had some worth, they thought.

Taehyung sifted through some boxes at the far side of the room and found an outfit for the younger - it wasn't the most stylish thing in the world, but it would do. He then showed him where the bathroom was so he could shower and left Jungkook to get ready, as he helped Jin in the kitchen.

When he returned, the youngest was sat back on the rug, staring into the flames with a neutral expression. He wore a long sleeved black and white striped shirt, some jeans and a pair of grey converse. Yoongi handed him his drink as well as a cupcake and sat down next to him.

"Hey Jungkook. I don't know if you know but my name is Yoongi. So how are you doing?" He enquired, taking a sip of his own drink. The younger slid his slender fingers around the warm mug and looked up at the elder, with the remnants of the fire still reflected in his chocolatey eyes.

"I'm not sure. It feels strange to be not locked in a cage. On one hand I'm glad but on the other, I'm scared." He admitted, squeezing the mug in his hands.

"I know how you feel."

The younger looked up to see a dozen expressions on Yoongi's face all at once. It was one which couldn't possibly be described.

Omelas ~ BTS AU [✓] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें