|| Chapter 13 ||

"Yoongiiii wake up!" A voice ordered, as someone slapped his cheek lightly. He opened his eyes expecting to see Jimin but was met with Jin's face instead.

"Oh Jin-hyung, where's Jimin?"

"Eating breakfast with everyone else, come on, get up lazy."

After a rub of the eyes and a quick apology, Yoongi joined everyone in the kitchen and began to eat the food placed in front of him. Vegetables and meat wasn't exactly a breakfast meal, but he didn't care. It was food after all, and in their position it was a luxury.

After eating, everyone gathered in the living room and prepared to head out.

"So, as i was telling you yesterday," Eunwoo began, as he swiftly maouevered through the forest with the others struggling to keep up, "it seems like there might be another town nearby. We don't know for certain but why else would there be a path leading to it?"

"It's insane to think about..." Namjoon muttered. "I mean, our whole lives we've only known Omelas. We're so trapped in our own bubble that we never even considered an 'outside world'."

"Don't blame yourself," MJ interjected, "it's not your fault. It's no-ones except the people who never told us."

Yoongi let out a huff as his mind wandered to his father. Surely you must've known too. So why didn't you tell me?

Jungkook glanced over and saw the look of concentration on his face, and recognised it as something deeper. He was surprisingly good at reading people despite his years in confinement. But it makes you wonder what endless solitude, being alone with nothing but your thoughts, does to the mind.

He gently reached out and patted the older boy on the back. Yoongi stared at him, and he stared back. It was an awkward action, but one that Yoongi appreciated nonetheless. Gazing into those soft brown eyes of his brought him a sense of comfort.

Soon enough they came to a halt, and Eunwoo crouched down, brushing the dust from the ground with his hand to reveal a cracked, concrete path.

"Boom, evidence #1. Maybe if we keep searching we can find something else."

With that everyone began to search through the leaves and brambles for any sign of life. What was actually just a few hours seemed like years, and by the end of it all of them had stiff backs and scratched hands.

Taehyung was about to give up when his hand hit a thin patterned structure, and he rapidly pulled away the surrounding leaves to reveal a chainlink fence trapped within a cage of vines and leaves. He excitedly called the others to come and see his discovery.

"I knew it! Why would there be a fence out here if it's not protecting something? Or someone?" Eunwoo rambled with a grin.

"How do we get in? Is there a gate?" Jin asked, scanning the area.

"I have some pliers back at the house. But I'm kind of exhausted, should wecome back tomorrow?"

Everyone agreed and so the 10 of them headed back. As they were walking, Yoongi heard a cracking sound behind him, like a branch being stepped on. He span around, expecting to see an animal or something, but instead was met with Jaeun giving him a confused look. He quickly faced the front again.

My mind is playing tricks on me.

After dinner and a change of clothes, everyone was chatting and laughing amongst themselves, and Yoongi decided to wander out onto the balcony.

He leaned against the banister and breathed in the fresh evening air, let it fill his lungs, and released. This time of night was magical - fireflies danced in the air, small creatures scurried through the forest litter, and the last remnants of the sun's warmth remained on the horizon. If you focused really hard, you could even see the dim glow of Omelas in the distance. Sights like this made him feel alive.