|| Chapter 21 ||

Yoon Sanha wasn't looking forward to this job. Guarding the mayor was fine, apart from the constant verbal abuse, but Sanha wasn't a killer.

Even back in the forest, he didn't have the guts to pick up his gun despite the orders of his superiors. He even gave Eunwoo first aid when they weren't looking. Maybe it was because he understood why the boys did what they did. Hell, he was even rooting for them.

"The Mayor's Guard" was a vague title, and should really be switched with "The Mayor's Dog." He did whatever he was ordered to do, and his job was usually to guard the room where the young prisoner was kept. He never knew Jungkook's name, but having to watch him sit and suffer all day left him plagued with guilt, he was incredibly relieved when his role was changed. But he didn't forget about the boy.

That's why these next few days would be extremely unfortunate.

Taehyung let out a loud groan. "How much longer do we have to do this for?"

"We've been out here for barely an hour." Namjoon reminded him.

"But it's so hot today. It really is spring isn't it? Still, it's unusually hot." Hoseok pouted.

"And this is so haaaard." Taehyung complained, causing Jungkook to snigger.

Felix laughed at him and walked over, offering to show him how to plant the seeds properly, since he thought it was pretty self explanatory, but apparently common sense didn't apply to everyone.

As agreed, everyone was working on the field for the day. Picking corn, planting seeds, watering the crops, the usual farm duties.

Yoongi was working alongside MJ, and amidst their mundane task he decided to start a conversation. "So will you be coming with us to the city? After all, you only came with us because..." Because initially you had no other choice. "Because you wanted to find Minhyuk. You've found him, what now?"

MJ stabbed his hoe into the ground with a thoughtful expression. "To be honest I never thought this far. I never expected to even find him in the first place." MJ looked over to where his sister was laughing with Minhyuk. "But I suppose if we could stay here, we should. If not, we'll come with you."

Yoongi absentmindedly stabbed into the ground a bit too hard and broke the end of his shovel off. "Oh damn. I'll be right back, I'll go look for another one."

He jogged off to the barn, wondering where the equipment was kept. He should've just asked Chan really. That's when he remembered the locked door on the right wall of the barn. Maybe it's in there.

He walked over and tried the lock and to his surprise, it was unlocked. With a push the door opened, creaking. After his eyes adjusted to the darkness inside the small storage room, Yoongi was struck with fear.

On every shelf filling the small room were guns, knives, armour, tear gas, any dangerous weapon you could imagine.  He stepped closer to take a proper look around, stunned by what he was seeing.

This isn't right. It's not safe here.

He stepped backwards, his back immediately coming into contact with something soft. Looking back, he met a pair of dark eyes staring back at him.

Immediately he spun around and got into defensive mode, but the taller individual simply grabbed him by the wrist, clearly assuming that he wasn't much of a threat. The stranger had handsome features, notibaly plump lips, dark hair and a mole under his left eye.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Let go!" Yoongi threatened, twisting his wrist out of the boy's grasp. The boy quickly grabbed onto his upper arm and pulled him along, and Yoongi was powerless against his strong grasp.

The boy dragged him outside and pulled him over to Chan, before kicking the back of his knees so he fell to the floor with a thud, causing the older boy to notice their presence.

"I found him snooping around."

Yoongi took the opportunity to grab a handful of dirt, throwing it up at the boy's face before jumping up and preparing to run. The boy grabbed him by the neck, but Yoongi fought back. Like hell he would lose.

"Woah woah chill!" Chan yelled, pulling the two apart. "Hyunjin this is just Yoongi, he's staying here. Yoongi this is Hyunjin, my friend."

There was a moment of piercing silence before Chan spoke up again. "S-sorry, I probably should've mentioned this sooner."

"It's alright. Just a misunderstanding. My bad. Are you alright?" Yoongi asked, breathless.

Hyunjin nodded, holding out a hand. "Yeah...nice to meet you."

But there was one thing Chan didn't know that Yoongi knew: about the room. And Hyunjin caught Yoongi in there. What would be the consequences?

The grip on his hand was firm, and it made Yoongi nervous.

"I was just looking for a shovel, w-where do you keep them?"

"Oh, they're in the back just over there!" Chan directed him and Yoongi nodded. He quickly grabbed a shovel and speed walked back over to where the rest of the guys were. He grabbed Namjoon by the shoulder and leaned in close to him.

"We need to go."

A/N So what do you think - can these guys be trusted or not?