|| Chapter 26 ||

"What do you mean by destroy it?" Yoongi asked.

"I meant what I said. That place has caused nothing but harm to everyone except those running it. We want to start a revolution, and free all the people under that stupid government. Whether we have to use violence or not."

For a moment Yoongi didn't know what to say. In essence they had similar goals to the seven of them when they wanted to free Jungkook. It would be...wrong to ignore them, right?

"Is there...anything we can do to help?"

Hyunjin thought for a moment. "You can help us if you want to. But understand that you're risking your lives."

"I don't know...we need to talk about it...we didn't come out here for this reason, we can't put our lives on the like like that." Namjoon explained.

"But...they're fighting for the same things we are." Taehyung began, "Are we really so different? They want everyone to be free...just like what we wanted for Jungkook..."

"This is different," Jin interrupted, "that was our fight and this is theirs. We could get killed. It's nothing to do with us, we should focus on ourselves."

Yoongi quietly voiced his opinion. "I think we should help. What's the point in saving Jungkook if we're going to ignore other people in the same position?"

Jin sighed. "But-"

"It doesn't matter for now. We can talk about it later." Namjoon interrupted.

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung. The older boy could read his thoughts, so he nodded. The younger boy cleared his throat.

"Actually everyone...there's something I need to tell you all." They all waited in anticipation. "Earlier, back in Asphodel, I met one of the guards who works for Namjoon-hyung's dad. And he told me that...Eunwoo is still alive."

Everyone was too shocked to reply initially.

"H-he's alive?!" MJ yelled. Minhyuk involuntarily smiled in joy and relief. He still had some hope of meeting his brother again someday.

"T-that's...wow." Namjoon replied.

"He also said that he has a friend in the city who's willing to help us." Jungkook added.

"That's great. It's getting late though...let's sleep for now." Namjoon suggested. The next day they all prepared to head to the city - well, almost everyone.

"So MJ," Yoongi asked, "have you decided what to do?"

The older boy nodded. "I'm going to go back to Asphodel with Minhyuk and Jaeun. There's no point in us going to the city. Besides, I want to get to know Minhyuk better. I know now how precious time is...I want to tell him all the stories I have about Eunwoo. And now that I know he's alive...we can hopefully see him again."

Yoongi smiled. "You've changed." He pointed out with a chuckle.

"Yeah...I guess I have. Thank you Yoongi...I know I was kind of rude at first. And especially after Eunwoo 'died'..." He paused to grasp the pendant on the necklace around his neck. "I hope you can find some answers. About your mom, and about Jungkook. "

"Thank you. This isn't goodbye though. Once we're done in the city we'll come back to Asphodel...and we can meet Eunwoo again. Together."

MJ hesitated before quickly hugging Yoongi. It took him by surprise a bit. When MJ pulled back he gave an awkward smile.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now. Good luck and see you soon."

Yoongi smiled. "Yeah. I'll see you soon." After Minhyuk, MJ and Jaeun finished saying their goodbyes they left, leaving the boys to continue their long journey to the city.

*

*

*

Eventually they arrived at the city gates. Hyunjin took a card from his pocket and pressed it to a scanner to open it, and encouraged the boys to follow him inside. They looked around in awe at the tall buildings and structures they could see.

"I want you all to stay lowkey and don't cause any trouble okay?" Hyunjin warned. "Just do whatever you're told, even if you don't necessarily want to."

"Woah! What's that?" Hoseok asked, pointing towards the road.

"A car?" Chan asked.

"Woah...we don't have those in Omelas."

"Really?" Hyunjin asked incredulously. "You guys must be lacking in technology then."

Seungmin, one of the boys who had been with them but hadn't said much, spoke up. "You guys don't have TV? Computers? Electricity?"

"We have electricity but not whatever those other things are." Jin explained.

They followed Hyunjin to a more secluded part of the city. Honestly, it looked pretty shady. It was dull and the buildings weren't in great shape. He led them into an apartment building and up to the second floor, where he unlocked the door to his apartment.

"Hey guys, I brought some guests." He announced, flinging the keys on top of a nearby table and leading them inside. There were two other boys inside looking up at them in interest.

"This is Changbin," Hyunjin explained, gesturing to a short, dark haired boy who gave a small wave, "and this is Minho." The handsome boy he pointed to smiled at them.

"I haven't seen you in forever Chan, how are you?" He asked.

"Well, I could be better," he explained, gesturing to his arm, "but Felix is okay and that's all that matters to me."

"Dang what happened to your arm? Come with me, I'll see what I can do."

Hyunjin gestured for everyone to sit down and they awkwardly made themselves at home. "Jungkook, you said you were told to look for someone right? What was his name?"

"JinJin." The boy replied.

"Hmm...that name sounds familiar. We can look for him tomorrow. But today I have something to do." He gave a sly smile. "How do you boys fancy joining me in causing some mayhem?"

A/N trouble trouble maker

A new chapter begins in the city...a dangerous one