|| Chapter 41 ||

They finally arrived at Hyunjin's place, and Jimin frantically knocked on the door. A few seconds later Minho opened it, and the three hurried inside.

"Woah what happened to you guys?" He gently asked.

"Long story, but I have a feeling that it's not safe for us to be here anymore." Yoongi began. "They know Jungkook is here. They'll probably come looking for him door to door. We need to leave soon."

Just then, a few people walked in from the next room. Among them was Hyunjin, and Yoongi let out a sigh of relief knowing that he was alright. He hadn't seen him since the fire, and whilst his focus was on Jungkook, his conscience had been screaming at him to find out if Hyunjin was okay.

"So? What are you going to do now then?" The boy in question asked, leaning against the door frame. In a hushed voice, he added, "there's only so far you can keep running, you know."

Jimin hated to admit it, but Hyunjin was right. It didn't matter how far they ran. How many people were willing to help them. Ultimately, they were trapped.

"I...I don't know. I don't..." Yoongi stammered, visibly distressed. Jungkook gently took hold of his hand as a sign of support.

Jimin quietly spoke up. "I think...maybe...this is it. We...have to go back to Omelas."

At this, Jungkook's eyes were filled with dread. And it didn't go unnoticed by the others in the room. He didn't want to go back to that place and suffer more.

"Jimin what are you saying?" Yoongi asked in disbelief. "We've spent all this time trying to get away from that place, we can't..."

"Come on, you know I don't want to either. But...running won't solve anything. Not anymore. We have to face up to what we did."

"Do you know what they'll do to us if we go back there? Don't you remember them shooting at us? At Eunwoo? At Chan?"

"I know! I know..." For a moment, there was a tone of defeat in Jimin's voice. He closed his eyes and sighed. "But we don't have to accept it. We don't have to take their punishment lying down. We can try and reason with them."

"And you think that'll work? They won't take our reasoning. They're too stuck in their ways."

Yoongi's tone was a little harsh, and Jimin was becoming increasingly frustrated. So much so that his eyes became glassy despite his best efforts to prevent it.

Immediately the older boy felt guilty. "Hey...I'm sorry." He apologised in a hushed voice, placing a hand on Jimin's head.

"Maybe you should ask the other guys...I know you've had your disagreements but you're in this together, right?" Minho asked.

Hyunjin had been thoughtfully listening to their conversation the whole time. Suddenly, he looked up, eyes bright.

"I have an idea."

The Omelas boys looked at him expectantly.

"We should wait until the others get back, then we can discuss it." So they waited a while, and one by one the boys arrived, a flood of relief washing over them when they saw Jungkook was safe.

When they were all there, they gathered around in the living room to hear Hyunjin's plan.

"Are you sure this will be a good idea?" Changbin asked him.

"...no. But it's the best shot we have."

He cleared his throat before facing the rest of the group. "So before I say this, I know not all of you want to be involved in this revolution thing and look, I totally get that. But please, hear me out."

Jin felt that this was mostly addressed to him, but he felt no animosity about it, so he simply gave a nod of agreement.

"If you think about it, the whole reason Jungkook had to be in Omelas was because of the conflict between the cities, right? So if there was no conflict between the cities, then there would be no need for Jungkook to be locked up."

"Right." Namjoon acknowledged.

"So how would we achieve that? Well...the conflict isn't really between the people of each city, but the leaders. Do you see where I'm going with this?"

Namjoon's eyes widened. The rest of them didn't really catch on.

"I do. But how are we gonna pull this off?"

Hyunjin's eyes landed on Jungkook. "I know this isn't ideal, but...I'm going to need you guys to help. I'll explain all the details as we go, but simply put, if this revolution succeeds, then maybe, just maybe, you'll all be free."

"I'm on board with that." Namjoon affirmed.

"Great." Hyunjin smiled, once again looking over to Jungkook. "Looks like it's time for our little symbol of revolution to return to duty."

*

*

*

The next morning the boys were suiting up for the Stray Kids ralley - the final one they would be involved with. As soon as it was over, the boys would set out for Omelas.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Jungkook asked Changbin as they were getting ready. "I'm no inspirational speaker like Hyunjin-hyung is. I'm bad at expressing myself."

The older boy gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Jungkook, you don't need to be an inspirational speaker. Just be yourself. Everyone will listen to you, trust me." He flashed a smile before leaving the room.

Jungkook took a deep breath. He had never spoken in front of so many people, it was nerve wracking. Not long ago he could barely speak to his 6 hyungs who saved his life. But he was stronger now, he believed that. He knew he had to do this.

Whilst Jimin was changing his clothes, he noticed Yoongi messing with something - his necklace. "What are you thinking about?"

He loosed it and turned to Jimin. "I was just thinking...I grew up here. My mom and dad raised me for a few years in this place. After Jungkook was taken away and my dad took me to Omelas, I never saw my mom again. I wonder if she was a part of the revolution too."

Jimin was dead silent for a few seconds, the cogs in his brain turning. "What are you talking about? When Jungkook was taken away from where? And since when did you live here?"

It hit him that since last night, he totally forgot to mention the whole remembering-what-happened-before--he-got-amnesia thing.

"Oh my god Jimin," he grabbed his shoulders, "I forgot to tell you. Last night, my memories came back. I remembered why I kept getting headaches, and what happened before then. My dreams make sense now, everything-" he rambled.

Jimin's eyes lit up with joy. "You should've told me sooner!" He smacked Yoongi's head, and they both giggled. "I'm happy for you." His smile was so genuine that Yoongi couldn't help but copy it.

"Thank you."

Hyunjin's head poked around the door. "Guys, are you nearly ready?"

"Yup! Ready when you are." Jimin affirmed.

"Great. The others are waiting outside, let's get going."

A/N so Hyunjin and Namjoon have a plan...time to see how it goes 🤫